Social Media Specialist
Songwriters of North AmericaLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Songwriters of North America (SONA), a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to fighting for the improved rights of songwriters in the music industry headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is expanding our team with a new Social Media Specialist role.
The Social Media Sepcialist is a newly created position to help take charge of our to social media strategy and execution, create digital marketing campaigns for online and in-person events, and help grow our presence in songwriting communities throughout the United States.
We are a small but mighty team filled with passionate individuals striving for a better future of equitable pay and legal rights for songwriters and we seek to provide that same fair future for our team as well.
If you are a social media and marketing leader who is passionate about building communities, creating campaigns and driving attendance to in person and online events events and want to grow, or create your career in the music industry, then this role is for you.
The SONA team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Specialist to be responsible for creating social media campaigns and the day-to-day management of the company's social media properties using best practices.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, a versatile creative writer, and a team player who will preferably also have experience in event marketing, building and growing a community, and email marketing campaigns.
- Co-create, lead, and execute on a cohesive and achievable content calendar for all targeted organic social media posts across our digital channels
- Project manage, to the best of your ability, to have all internal stakeholders on board with the content calendar and the deliverables you need to successfully execute the calendar and event marketing goals.
- Engage with our social media followers to grow trust and community in our SONA brand
- Uphold SONA brand standards through all marketing campaigns so SONAs messaging
and voice is always clear and consistent
- Maintain a deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis, including the establishment of success benchmarks.
- Create and build on campaigns to grow our membership numbers and to be well known in songwriting communities
- Contribute to and present strategy, learnings, and recommendations to leadership at all levels to grow and improve our brand to best showcase our dedication to songwriters within the music industry
- Maintain a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) focus in all of these initiatives to be in alignment with SONAs values
- Work with internal teams to help create email marketing campaigns
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing, social media, and online content development.
- Expertise running social media channels and maximizing the impact of an organic social media.
- Success in managing complex and multi-faceted social media campaigns and delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Knowledge of social networks' best practices - design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in:
- Email marketing software (ActiveCampaign)
- Basic website editing abilities (WordPress)
- Basic graphic design (Canva) and video editing skills
- Experience working within a non-profit environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in Los Angeles, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?
$21 - $24/hr
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online