Sofar SoundsVarious, US
Part Time Job
LOCAL LEAD | Cleveland/Detroit/Indianapolis/Miami/Nashville/Sacramento/San Diego/Toronto
We're Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We're artists, music lovers and organisers. We're a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
As the Local Lead, you will be responsible for building the local Sofar community in your city. This will be a group of artists, hosts, crew, A/V, photographers and like-minded organizations.
You'll plan, organize and promote Sofar shows in your city. As you grow the local Sofar community, your role will evolve and you'll start working more closely with our regional concerts and marketing teams to evolve the city further.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Serve as a local leader to ensure the highest-quality experience at every Sofar show - for the audience, artists, hosts, crew, A/V and photographers
• Always be on the lookout for awesome new artists to book. You'll build relationships and support their development locally through Sofar
• Find the coolest local hosts /venues that make for a unique experience - you'll build relationships here too
• Manage a team of crew members to produce Sofar shows
• Promote the shows you produce to fill the room
• Find, build and manage partnerships with local organizations that share a similar ethos for supporting diverse grassroots communities
• Hold community events (e.g. socials, networking events, panels, jam nights) to connect, support and represent community in your city
• Manage local gear and event supplies inventory, and attend additional shows as needed
• Know your city and represent it's authentic voice
WHO YOU ARE
• You're driven by supporting artists, and have new, unique ideas on how to do so
• You're well connected to your local music community
• You are a natural connector and you thrive on bringing people together
• You take pride in knowing your city like no one else
• You can work autonomously, but remain connected
• You're organized, detail-oriented and work well with deadlines and problem solving
• You are able to work flexible hours
• Previous experience in producing live music events or any type of creative 'curation' is a big plus
• Previous experience in working with local community organizations is preferred
• Eligible for employment in the US
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you're paid fairly according to market rate.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops and training.
We'll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we'll hop on a call to say ''Hello'' and to start getting to know one another. If it's not the right opportunity this time, we'll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You'll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we'll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you - come on in.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online