Executive Assistant to CEO/President
Soapbox FilmsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant to both CEO and President
This is a full-time position reporting to both the CEO as well as the President of Soapbox Films. Typical hours are 8:30am-6:30pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed. Currently you will be working from home, with some in-person / in-office needs. There may be a transition to a hybrid or full-time in-office model in the future.
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant are to track and organize all of the administrative details of the CEO and the company President so as to allow them to most efficiently make use of their time to successfully run and grow the business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to our two top executives by anticipating all of their needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing them to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of our company including our marketing, original content, production, and post services. While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the executives' needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are organized and completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the company.
• Calendar management for two executives.
• Rolling phone calls and maintaining multiple call sheets.
• Email management for both executives with an ''inbox zero'' philosophy.
• Communicating externally and internally on behalf of both executives and facilitating a productive collaboration with other department heads and project leaders.
• Maintaining a birds-eye view of multiple project statuses while executing or delegating tasks on behalf of executives to fulfill project requirements.
• Coordinating and booking travel, car services, and travel accommodations.
• Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, and ordering gifts, etc.
• Running errands and attending in-person/virtual meetings multiple times per week.
• Meeting management: preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering.
• Greeting high profile guests and clients.
• Working with our financial department to file receipts and reimbursements.
• Maintaining relevant mail in and out of the office.
Industry Knowledge/Experience: The EA will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience working in the film, television, and advertising industry, their experience supporting Executives, and their impeccable organizational skills to provide informed and proactive administrative support.
Experience: One or more years in administrative support, preferably time on a desk in a production company or in an agency environment.
Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Google messages, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information and high-profile clients and talent, discretion is a must.
Team Player: In addition to working directly with the CEO and company President, the EA will also work with executives and EA's from other departments. They'll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a positive attitude with no unnecessary drama.
Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our executives to serve our company and customers at the top of their game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leaders, clearing the path for them to make their greatest contribution.
Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Asana, Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, the Adobe Creative Suite, Dropbox and Box.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
Transportation: A dependable vehicle is needed. You will be using your own vehicle to do runs, attend meetings, etc. Mileage will be reimbursed. You may be required to present proof of an acceptable driving record. A valid California Driver's License is required as is current vehicle insurance.
This position will require a background screening.
Subject line must read: Resume: EA to CEO & President / YourName.
Send resume w/ cover letter
This company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or faxes, please.
• Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact us.
• Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online