SNYNew York, NY
Job Duties, Technical Director:
• Crew leader who works with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations management
• Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes
• Help provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs
• Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for use including automation coding
• Work closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting expectations
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required required
• Five (5) years of related TD experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred
• Proficient in operation and building of effects on Ross Overdrive and Grass Valley Kayenne with internal DPM
• General understanding of all aspects and duties of a Level 1 technician, including: Stage Managing, Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, LED Lighting, Audio, Video Playback
• Proficient in live studio and remote program operations
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to travel as required
• Familiarity with NY sports a plus
• Live directing experience, both standard and automated, a plus
• Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system preferred
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
• Senior Technical Manager & Manager of Operations
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online