SNYNew York, NY
Part Time Job
•Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
•Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
•Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
•Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
•Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
•Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacement
•This is a part-time role that will be 3 days a week, 24 hours per week.
· Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
· Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production
· Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
· Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus
Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
· Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
· Familiarity with NY sports
· Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
· Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
· Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
· Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
Additional Job Requirements
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be willing to work in New York, NY
· Ability to travel as required
· It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Senior Technical Manager and Studio Operations Manager
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online