SNYNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for A1 Operator jobs in New York-NY
Search all A1 Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A1 Operator? Company Overview:
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming.
• Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
• Work creatively and collaboratively with Production, Operations management and other staff to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
• Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems.
• Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
• Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations' management should anything require repair or replacement.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required.
• A minimum of two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear.
• Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus;
Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred.
• Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems.
• Familiarity with NY sports.
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control.
• Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to travel as required
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director, Studio Operations