100% QC Operator
SMV Complete MediaBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for 100% QC Operator jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all 100% QC Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a 100% QC Operator? Master QC Technician
SMV is looking for 100% QC Operator.
Growing post-production company is in search of motivated, experienced 100% QC Operators. This is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. Seeking self-starters with a strong understanding of Post-Productions Services and workflows. Candidates must be self-motivated, with strong work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
The QC Operator is responsible for performing full technical evaluations of video and audio assets, including identifying and logging film and digital anomalies and other production artifacts created through mastering, transcoding, dubbing and/or conversion processes for a variety of major studios and distribution platforms.
Qualifications and duties are:
• Must have knowledge of all file base/tape formats.
• Must have knowledge of SAN, Facilis, and Data Mover.
• Check and confirm all content needed to complete the order is available to begin job. Communicate with Project Management team if any client media is missing or is incorrect for QC processing. Communicate with Project Managers if any work will not meet deadline.
• QC assigned work orders to guarantee the successful completion of all orders according to client specifications and project manager's instructions.
• Keeps all media/equipment safely and securely stored and organized as it moves through the facility, in accordance with departmental protocols.
• Maintain a clean & professional environment.
• Notify supervisor immediately of any machine malfunctions.
• Must be reliable and able to work overtime if needed or requested by Supervisor.
• Must be organized and detailed oriented.
• Job Type: Full-time
• Perform master level quality control of digital and physical assets
• Knowledge of SD/HD, 2K, 4K specs and technical parameters
• Setting up file player systems or VTR machines for playback
• Diagnose origin of issues found during QC and discuss potential solutions for fixes
• Familiar with network, platform and broadcast specs and QC assets accordingly
• Work with management, client services and fellow team-members to establish consistency across reporting
• Personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in QC report.
• Resolve technical or deadline related issues with operational departments and client services towards a timely resolution
• Maintain company quality standards by adhering to checklists and departmental directives
• Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
• Participate in training, as needed
• Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of Quality Control experience in a post-production environment
• Must be able to use and understand vector, waveform and audio scopes and provide measurements
• Results oriented with strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of film and video based postproduction workflow and how they apply to industry specs
• Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
• Solutions oriented, ''Can Do'' attitude
• Active listener and communicator
• Understanding of technical workflows is required
• Flexible during times of change