100% QC Operator
SMV Complete MediaBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Master QC Technician
SMV is looking for 100% QC Operator.
Growing post-production company is in search of motivated, experienced 100% QC Operators. This is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. Seeking self-starters with a strong understanding of Post-Productions Services and workflows. Candidates must be self-motivated, with strong work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
The QC Operator is responsible for performing full technical evaluations of video and audio assets, including identifying and logging film and digital anomalies and other production artifacts created through mastering, transcoding, dubbing and/or conversion processes for a variety of major studios and distribution platforms.
Qualifications and duties are:
• Must have knowledge of all file base/tape formats.
• Must have knowledge of SAN, Facilis, and Data Mover.
• Check and confirm all content needed to complete the order is available to begin job. Communicate with Project Management team if any client media is missing or is incorrect for QC processing. Communicate with Project Managers if any work will not meet deadline.
• QC assigned work orders to guarantee the successful completion of all orders according to client specifications and project manager's instructions.
• Keeps all media/equipment safely and securely stored and organized as it moves through the facility, in accordance with departmental protocols.
• Maintain a clean & professional environment.
• Notify supervisor immediately of any machine malfunctions.
• Must be reliable and able to work overtime if needed or requested by Supervisor.
• Must be organized and detailed oriented.
• Job Type: Full-time
• Perform master level quality control of digital and physical assets
• Knowledge of SD/HD, 2K, 4K specs and technical parameters
• Setting up file player systems or VTR machines for playback
• Diagnose origin of issues found during QC and discuss potential solutions for fixes
• Familiar with network, platform and broadcast specs and QC assets accordingly
• Work with management, client services and fellow team-members to establish consistency across reporting
• Personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in QC report.
• Resolve technical or deadline related issues with operational departments and client services towards a timely resolution
• Maintain company quality standards by adhering to checklists and departmental directives
• Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
• Participate in training, as needed
• Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of Quality Control experience in a post-production environment
• Must be able to use and understand vector, waveform and audio scopes and provide measurements
• Results oriented with strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of film and video based postproduction workflow and how they apply to industry specs
• Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
• Solutions oriented, ''Can Do'' attitude
• Active listener and communicator
• Understanding of technical workflows is required
• Flexible during times of change
• Come join a winning team! This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in growth-oriented position with a well-established company. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including; health, dental and 401k. Great team and fun working environment.
SMV offers the full range of post-production services with every media from legacy tape to 4K files, including color correction, audio mix, audio editorial, online editorial, data and storage services, HD, SD and legacy duplication, 100% quality control, closed captioning, transcription and DVS services, NTSC/PAL SD conversions, DVD & BluRay authoring, language services and localization and 4-wall, scalable edit suites.
At our boutique facility in Burbank, California, our dedicated, professional, highly-trained staff pride themselves on providing each client and each project with personal attention, tailored solutions of the highest quality and unmatched customer service.
With our agile workforce, at SMV we are able to adapt our work-flows to undertake even the most difficult or rush assignments. And with any project, the efficiency of our operation allows us to do so at a lower cost to our clients without sacrificing quality or service. Independently owned since our inception in 1982, SMV has continued to satisfy our loyal customers by remaining up to date in our thinking and methods and allowing our clients' novel and unique needs drive our technological evolution.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online