Post Supervisor & Media Manager
SmugglerLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Smuggler is seeking a Post Supervisor and Media Manager for its Los Angeles office, reporting directly to the Executive Producers and COO. The position is full time.
Smuggler is a film, theatre, TV, commercial and music video production company. At its core it stands for creative originality, integrity and excellence.
The Post Supervisor and Media Manager is responsible for post production on all jobs, maintains the company website and media database, and handles all other vault-based duties. This position may be assigned other tasks by Smuggler or its divisions and affiliates.
SAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with outside editorial, VFX, audio color, post vendors, and production crew including director
- Set up editorial sessions, manage editorial and VFX postings and schedules, and arrange color sessions
- Transcode pro-res finals upon receipt
- Negotiate rates and timelines for Directors' cuts
- Maintain and manage the Smuggler website
- Manage Wiredrive (archive research, maintain reels, create users, regulate project sizes, etc.)
- Create animatics, rip-o-matics, reference reels
- Work with the Sales Department to create reels
- Assist treatment process by providing research
- Maintain inventory of hard drives
- Prep and distribute blank hard drives to production teams
- Provide production company credits to Agency and trade publications
- Maintain digital library of resource materials
- Manage the awards submission process
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of the production and post production workflows
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines (often with fast turnaround)
- Respond to needs outside of regular office hours
- Professional attitude, excellent written and phone skills
- Final Cut 7, Mac, and Wiredrive proficient
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Adobe Premiere, Google Suite, Wordpress, and Vimeo proficient
- One year minimum prior post production experience
- Knowledge of commercial production
Job Code: Los Angeles
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online