Sloss Eckhouse LawCoNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sloss Eckhouse LawCo, a boutique entertainment law firm, is seeking a Paralegal to support our attorneys. Founded in 1993, the firm represents clients in all aspects of motion picture, television and new media financing, production and distribution, including writers, directors and producers, as well as production companies, financiers and television networks.
• Draft, proofread and revise contracts, assignments, affidavits and various legal correspondence.
• Conduct legal research, including guild policies and regulations.
• Manage registration filings with the U.S. Copyright Office.
• Handle Corporate formations (LLC and C/S-Corp), name changes, certificates of authority and related IRS filings, and draft bylaws and operating agreements for companies formed.
• Handle guild signatory and member application preparation and submission.
• Supervise legal documentation delivery for completed pictures to distributors.
• Prepare and submit Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance policy applications.
• Review distribution agreements and enter material terms into Company database.
• Bachelor's Degree
• The ideal candidate will have general familiarity with the motion picture industry and production process.
• One to two years of relevant work experience in legal and/or entertainment fields preferred.
• Good judgment and the ability to solve problems and multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal abilities, solid writing/ communication skills, and an ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online