Senior Narrative Designer - VR
SkydanceSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/26/2024 4:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Narrative Designer - VR jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Narrative Designer - VR postings
Full Time Job
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2020 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. We are currently working on several highly anticipated VR games for emerging platforms that we can't wait for you to play.
We are deep into pre-production on a new, unannounced VR title, and are looking for a Senior Narrative Designer to shepherd our story into the game. The Senior Narrative Designer will work closely with our Lead Content Designer and Lead Writer to transform the written word into awesome, interactive gameplay moments. They will have facility with organizing and implementing large tranches of dialogue, VO, and animations and, once implemented, will bring an editor's eye to these scenes to really make them pop. They have deep experience with Unreal Engine, and have enough scripting chops to make an NPC dance to their tune. They'll also get a certain amount of excitement from working on cutting edge narrative experiences that can only be realized in VR.
• Track and maintain the narrative pipeline, including dialogue lines, VO recordings, and all supporting animations and behaviors.
• Design, implement and champion narrative systems.
• Create and maintain design documentation for narrative systems and features.
• Take ownership of the gameplay expression of all narrative elements.
• Provide constructive and actionable feedback to writers and designers.
• Work with outsource teams to assist with all of the above.
• At least five years of experience as a narrative designer, and launched at least AAA game.
• A passion for the nuts and bolts of how narrative is expressed in games.
• Experience as a narrative designer in one or more projects from concept to completion.
• A creative eye for storytelling mechanics and systems and a deep understanding of the interactive requirements of game narrative.
• Experience with narrative tools, workflows and pipelines, organizing and managing dialogue assets, and preparing scripts for implementation and recording.
• Though this is not strictly a writing position, editing and copywriting capability.
• Collaborative mindset, strong communication skills, and comfort communicating with developers of all disciplines.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $100,000 – $115,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate's location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.