Production Coordinator - Rigging, Animation, and FX
SkydanceLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2023 9:25:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for Production Coordinator - Rigging, Animation, and FX jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Production Coordinator - Rigging, Animation, and FX postings
Full Time Job
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world's most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that's doing something different.
If you've ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, ''I was there when it all began,'' then welcome aboard…
Skydance Animation is looking for a Production Coordinator to support the day-to-day needs, workflow, and deliverables of the Animation, Rigging, and FX departments under the guidance of the Production Manager. The ideal candidate is a proactive team-player with the ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
• Work alongside the Production Manager, Character Supervisor and Animation Supervisor to support the day-to-day needs of the Animation Department by proactively communicating issues that impact milestones and deliverables
• Daily check-ins with artists to gauge progress on assignments, communicate updates and critical changes related to the schedule
• Transcribe review notes, distribute, and ensure follow-up of action items and status changes as necessary
• Track and update asset databases with accurate notes, version statuses, due dates, and other relevant department information
• Alert downstream departments of approvals and changes
• Responsible for department calendars and meetings with cross-site, multi-location schedules in mind
• Facilitate communication with colleagues on the East Coast and in Madrid to coordinate timely delivery of materials
• Partner with Production Supervisor in the areas of schedule creation, maintenance, department workflows and projects as assigned
• Welcome new artists, distributing key information and ensuring proper set-up
• Collect and track department timecards
• Support Production Assistants and Interns, including process, documentation, and information-sharing, under the direction and guidance of the Department Supervisor
• Maintain crew moral by fostering a creative and inclusive working environment
• Other ad hoc duties as necessary
• 1-5 years experience in Animation or VFX Production
• Understanding of Production pipeline and department dependencies preferred
• Strong proficiency with MS Office & Google Suites
• Shotgrid, or comparable tracking software, experience preferred; additional programs such as Flix & Avid is a plus
• Detail-oriented, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize In fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Practiced discernment; ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem-solve while maintaining consistent line of communication under guidance of Department Supervisor
$24 - $30 an hour
The range for this position in Los Angeles is $24.00-30.00/hour. The rate offered may vary based on the candidate's location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.