Lead Technical Artist - VR
SkydanceSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2023 9:25:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Technical Artist - VR jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Lead Technical Artist - VR postings
Full Time Job
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2020 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. We are currently working on several highly anticipated VR games for emerging platforms that we can't wait for you to play.
Skydance Interactive, the studio behind one of VR's most critically acclaimed series ''The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners'' is seeking an experienced Lead technical artist to join our team and become a core pillar of the development process. We need a leader capable of driving the development of the art team's workflow as we grow our next project. Our goal is nothing less than to push the state of VR's fidelity, Immersion, gameplay, and storytelling to the next level.
It is an exciting time to be a VR developer and we believe that with the excellent support of our parent company Skydance Media and our strong partnerships within the VR Industry, we are uniquely positioned to create truly extraordinary games. If you are the kind of person that thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and yet solutions-oriented environment...Join us and let's get to work seeing what is possible.
• Work closely with the project art director and technical director to drive the long-term development goals and daily operations of the tech art teams.
• Take top level ownership of all art pipelines and workflows within the project including those specifically associated with character rigging, art asset creation, and platform performance.
• Collaborate with and coordinate cross discipline teams to achieve consensus and understanding on challenging issues.
• Organize, manage, and mentor Internal team members and foster relationships with 3rd party external contractors.
• Ensure that all documentation for tech art related workflows is organized, current, and understood by the team.
• Spearhead the development of artist friendly pipelines that produce high quality results while being performant on a variety of platforms.
• Have the final word regarding technical asset integrity and execution of platform specific performance optimization
• 5 years professional game development experience.
• At least 1 shipped title credited with a lead TA position.
• Expert knowledge of the Unreal BP system and Unreal Engine
• Extensive experience using a dynamic PBR (Physically Based Rendering) workflow.
• A strong knowledge of artist tools and workflows for asset creation, rigging and animation.
• Experience leading optimization efforts in development and in finalizing game versions for release.
• Strong knowledge of shader authoring via Node Graph and/or HLSL.
• Intermediate skill with Python and/or C++
• Experience with the unique abilities and limitations of VR development would be a significant bonus but not required.
• Some experience with project management and team capacity tracking software would also be a significant plus.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $110,000 – $150,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate's location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.