IT Help Desk Technician
SkydanceSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2023 3:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for IT Help Desk Technician jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all IT Help Desk Technician postings
Full Time Job
IT Help Desk Technician (Game Development)
If you are passionate about making movies and television, Skydance is the place for you! Our creative divisions are led by industry veterans that put audience above all else when it comes to our storytelling approach. At Skydance, we embrace visionary artists and cutting-edge technology to create event-level entertainment. With the benefit of powerful distribution partnerships – Paramount Pictures, Tencent, Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV , and other top tier studios – our premium content can reach billions of consumers around the world.
Our corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, where we strive to create a collaborative environment, is the center for all our film and television teams. Other departments include production, marketing, business affairs, finance, human resources, and operations. Whether you are a seasoned executive or an assistant just starting out, everyone is valued on the Skydance team!
Skydance seeks a critical thinking IT Helpdesk Technician who is organized and self-motivated with a minimum of 1 year of Help Desk support experience. This person will support a remote workforce of technically skilled game developers who need advanced troubleshooting and maintenance. This role will be assisting the day-to-day IT needs of the operation including account management, machine repair, and remote desktop support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Remote administration and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, and other hardware located in North America
• On-call for critical service outages and issues
• Add additional IT Support to other divisions, when needed
• Troubleshooting and arranging repair (break/fix) hardware issues
• Troubleshooting of version control software (Perforce/Helix)
• Assist with network management and maintenance
• Assist/troubleshoot users via remote methods (RDP/TeamViewer, Zoom/Slack)
• Respond to and/or generate IT tickets
• Assist with onboarding newly hired team members
• Inventory and asset management
• Remote hands on support within a secure data center
• 1 years of experience in IT Support within PC/Windows environment; gaming or graphics intensive industry preferred
• Experience in a Help Desk environment, fluid in the use of HelpDesk tools, prioritization of support calls, effective documentation of how a call was answered/remediated, etc.
• Excellent communication/documentation skills and strong customer-service orientation
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner
• Ability to lift approximately 40lbs and use repair tools (shipping computers for repair, performing maintenance, and racking equipment)
• Able to multitask in a complex, diverse, fast-paced, production environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to adapt and learn new things quickly
• Candidate should be service oriented and have a genuine concern for the needs of the staff
• Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to accommodate project work under deadline
• Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Travel to Culver City, Santa Monica, and El Segundo frequently for repairs/shipping/service
Nice to Have:
• Cloud and Enterprise VM experience with AWS, Azure, or OCI
• Enthusiasm for games and for working in a game studio
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $50,000 – $60,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate's location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.