Assistant, Creative Development
SkydanceSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2024 10:25:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Assistant, Creative Development jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Assistant, Creative Development postings
Full Time Job
Assistant, Creative Development (TV)
If you are passionate about making movies and television, Skydance is the place for you! Our creative divisions are led by industry veterans that put audience above all else when it comes to our storytelling approach. At Skydance, we embrace visionary artists and cutting-edge technology to create event-level entertainment. With the benefit of powerful distribution partnerships – Paramount Pictures, Tencent, Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV , and other top tier studios – our premium content can reach billions of consumers around the world.
Our corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, where we strive to create a collaborative environment, is the center for all our film and television teams. Other departments include production, marketing, business affairs, finance, human resources, and operations. Whether you are a seasoned executive or an assistant just starting out, everyone is valued on the Skydance team!
Skydance Television is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to support two Development Executives. This person will be responsible for day-to-day scheduling and office support, generating and maintaining organizational systems, note-taking, as well as script and book coverage, research projects, information tracking and grid work.
• Manages calendars and schedules; coordinates meetings and appointments with both internal and external participants, at times across multiple time zones
• Screens and responds to heavy incoming call volume and email correspondence
• Coordinates coverage of books, scripts, articles and graphic novels as needed
• Aids in assessing available material's suitability for Skydance as well as evaluating writers/writer's voices for various OWAs and staffing opportunities
• Involvement in semester-based internship program, including training, assigning coverage, participating in educational programming, etc.
• Helps to source new voices and IP for the department
• Various research duties, including tracking down materials, rights, and contact information
• Arranges detailed and extensive international travel plans and itineraries as needed and compiles travel documentation and expense reports
• Takes detailed transcription of creative calls and conversations as needed; transforms said notes into viable documents to be shared with producing partners and creatives on the projects
• Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files on multiple projects, including executive specific grids such as those used to track incoming submissions, pitches, writers/director grids, etc.
• Networks professionally with external assistants, coordinators, junior execs and representatives to build relationships
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Minimum 1 year of desk experience in entertainment industry; within a literary department strongly preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially regarding script coverage, notetaking, verbal reporting on material
• Highly proficient with MS software including Word, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interface with staff, other administrators & coordinators, senior management and creatives as required, both internally and externally
• Ability to prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for completing tasks & assignments
• Ability to navigate two Executive desks simultaneously in a high-volume, fast-paced environment while keeping a level head
• Self-motivated and proactive with attention to detail and follow-through skills; organization is a must!
• Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to deal with confidential & sensitive issues
• Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures a plus; such as relevant software skills, general understanding of budgeting and production
The hourly rate range for this non-exempt position in Los Angeles is $20.00-21.64. The rate offered may vary based on the candidate's location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.