Skybound EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for YA Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all YA Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an YA Editor? Job title: YA Editor
Skybound is looking for a creative, strategic, detail-oriented Editor to acquire and edit YA titles, across multiple genres. This position will be responsible for acquiring and developing authors/books, as well as working with the editorial, design, and marketing teams to develop the publishing strategy for this program.
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
• Work with agents and authors to acquire manuscripts with the correct editorial fit for the publishing strategy
• Read submissions, respond to authors/agents, present projects, negotiate contracts, and monitor payments to authors
• Perform all editorial functions when appropriate, including reading and evaluating proposals, providing revisions to authors, and line editing
• Work closely with authors and internal team to maintain publication schedules and due dates
• Write selling copy for internal positioning and out-of-house product descriptions
• Keep up to date on competitive marketplace, both print and digital
• Demonstrate and strive for continued innovation, creativity, consumer and competitive insights
• Collaborate with team as needed to support imprint strategy and growth
• Provide editorial input into packaging design and copy to ensure key selling features are reflected in the book package
• Bachelor's degree, with a minimum 5 years' progressive editorial and acquisitions experience in book publishing
• Experience editing YA books and extensive knowledge of the YA marketplace
• Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required
• Strong communication and editorial skills
• Experience finding, editing, and cultivating key authors
• Strong project management, planning and organizing, teamwork and collaboration, negotiation skills, and a drive for results
• Good relationships with authors and agents
• High level of creativity/innovation, functional/technical knowledge
• Occasional domestic travel required
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that world-builds across mediums including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, and more. The company works closely with creators to bring their stories to a wider audience, while ensuring creators can maintain intellectual property rights and creative control. Skybound is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal.
Also under the Skybound Entertainment umbrella is Skybound Games, the home of tabletop and videogames alike; an upcoming mobile narrative gaming venture in conjunction with Europe's leading entertainment company Sky; GammaRay, a video-content brand focused on pop culture and presented by Skybound; and Skybound North, Skybound's Canadian sister company. Skybound is also a partner in Skybound Galactic, a television studio with the capabilities to finance the development and production of scripted series.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.