Skybound EntertainmentBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Skybound is looking for a skilled Legal Assistant to be instrumental in implementing processes and procedures to streamline the department's high volume of work. This is a brand-new role in a fairly new department, so the work is broad and there is a lot of room to grow.
Reports to: This position will report directly to the SVP, Business & Legal Affairs.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• performing general administrative office duties (including answering phones, calendaring, managing contacts and meeting preparation)
• organizing and updating hard copy and electronic files
• drafting, formatting, redlining and editing various agreements and other legal documents
• coordinating the execution of agreements
• maintaining spreadsheets, charts and summaries
• preparing expense reports
• manage outside counsel invoicing and budget tracking
• occasionally handling other tasks such as making reservations, ordering lunch and coordinating travel itineraries
• working with and providing administrative support for other members of the legal department as needed
• handling other projects as needed
In addition, using creative problem solving and innate organizational skills the ideal candidate may grow this role by adding value beyond the aforementioned functions. For example, these additional functions could consist of digital tracking of information, digital library storage, proactive collaboration with business team to facilitate information flow, implementing organization for information and documents, drive special projects within the team, and more.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of related experience supporting lawyers with a strong contract background
• High proficiency with Outlook, Word (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, and Visio (helpful), SharePoint and contract management software
• Experience in transactional law (e.g. prior work in law firm's corporate or entertainment department or in a in-house legal department) is required (please do not apply for this role if you do not have this experience -- keep an eye out for other roles at Skybound that might be a better fit)
• Strong communication skills both written and oral (and phone etiquette)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with colleagues
• Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage confidential and sensitive material with discretion
• Requires minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task
• Flexibility (things move fast here)
• Sense of humor (because life is too short)
• Must be willing to submit to a background and reference check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Skybound Entertainment is a multi-platform entertainment company led by passionate creators and houses projects ranging from television, film, digital content, comics, interactive gaming, and live events. Founded in 2010, Skybound Entertainment is responsible for such television hits including The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead and Outcast with much more to follow.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Strong benefits package including 100% covered options for employee-only medical/dental/vision, and 401K with company match.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online