Simon & SchusterRiverside, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 9:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Tax Director jobs in Riverside-NY
Search all Tax Director postings
Full Time Job
This role will lead the Tax function within the broader Finance group. Simon & Schuster is being acquired by a global investment company and will need to stand up its Tax team from the ground up. Reporting to the Sr Director of Financial Accounting, Director of Tax will be responsible for establishing the global Tax group for a $1Bn revenue company. The Director of Tax would be responsible for strategic tax planning including development and implementation of global tax planning, reporting, and compliance for the company, mergers and acquisitions, diligence and integration, tax controversy, and transfer pricing approaches. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for coordinating with third party tax provides on direct and indirect compliance and corporate filings.
Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities regularly performed and normally assigned to this position are as follows:
• Build and oversee the global tax capabilities, including outsourced operating model, from the ground up as part of a recent acquisition to support transition in Day 1 upon deal close
• Serve as lead tax advisor responsible for supporting the team on all tax aspects of the business and directly oversee execution and coordination of third-party tax providers
• Oversee global tax compliance, on a timely and efficient basis, on behalf of all shareholders
• Advise business units on policies, procedures, and processes for transactional tax consequences (VAT, S&U, GST, etc.) of global operations including data and compliance
• Lead overall efficient cash tax planning and effective tax rate management globally
• Negotiate tax incentives for site selection decisions both domestic and foreign, negotiate with Internal Revenue Service, state, and local tax authorities, as well as foreign tax authorities
• Assess operating structure across jurisdictions to identify strategic tax opportunities
• Execute policy and decision making related to the tax aspects of the global legal entity structure including US international tax matters
• Transfer pricing policy and implementation including advance pricing agreements and tax planning for mergers and acquisitions are integral aspects of this job
• Monitor, evaluate, and plan for global tax policy and legislation/regulations and affecting the company and advise senior management accordingly.
• Represent the Business externally to tax authorities globally and review audits of foreign and domestic tax filings
• Direct overall tax department operations, including tax technology solutions and decisions, establish internal tax policies and documentation retention requirements, and annual departmental budget management
• Maintain strong relationship with external auditors and oversee income tax reporting
• Strong leadership skills to manage cross functional multidisciplinary group globally as well as coordination and partnership with external tax advisors
• Strong commercial experience and financial acumen across the business
• Significant global tax experience across tax operating capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to succinctly articulate complicated tax rules and structures to diverse audience globally
, Certificates and Licenses:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Juris Doctor degree (JD) preferred with Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• Proven track record of relevant experience in a tax department at a public company
• Experience of working at a fast-paced, dynamic multi-national company environment, ideally within the technology, media, and information services space
• Experience working with complicated global and foreign tax matters
• Executive presence and with strong presentation skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, internal business units and external advisors
• Proven experience in building a high-performance team, developing leaders, driving necessary organizational change and culture
• Experience building or growing a Finance organization
• Experience navigating companies through M&A
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmericaâ€™s Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the worldâ€™s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Childrenâ€™s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The annual salary for this position is $150,000.00 - $160,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.