Sr Maintenance Mechanic 1
Simon & SchusterMilan, TN
This was removed by the employer on 1/28/2023 11:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr Maintenance Mechanic 1 jobs in Milan-TN
Search all Sr Maintenance Mechanic 1 postings
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the worldâ€™s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Childrenâ€™s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems/belts and production equipment to support warehouse operations.
• Observes mechanical parts in operation (conveyor/belts) locate causes of trouble
• Adjusts/repairs functional parts and control instruments
• Repairs and/or replaces defective parts including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing
• Lubricates and cleans parts
• Tests performance of conveyor/belts to assure proper performance
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
• Installation of equipment (electrical, mechanical)
• Maintains OSHA compliance on all warehouse operations and machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
• The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Reporting into the Manager of Facilities, Millan and Jackson Warehouse Operations
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 7am â€'' 5pm