Publicity Assistant, Simon & Schuster Books
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmerica's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
Simon & Schuster is seeking a Publicity Assistant to work closely with and support the Associate Director of Publicity and the Deputy Director of Publicity. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn all aspects of the book publishing and publicity process, with an emphasis on commercial and literary fiction, memoir, narrative non-fiction and popular psychology. The candidate must be organized and have excellent phone and computer skills with a working knowledge of social media, book clubs, and influencers. Strong written communication is important as well as the ability to multitask and be flexible. This is an ideal position for a curious, confident, and self-motivated person who has a passion for reading, has an understanding of the media, and is interested in learning how to execute publicity strategy.
include administrative duties, as well as involvement in all aspects of publicity campaigns.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responding to a variety of communication from media, authors, agents, booksellers, and communicating between related in-house departments
* Drafting publicity materials, including galley letters, press releases, and pitches
* Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and updating media lists and internal documents
* Handling detailed media schedules for campaigns
* Coordinating travel and virtual arrangements for major author tours
* Liaising with bookstores for author events
* Coordinating and executing galley and review copy mailings, and organizing materials in the office
* Gathering and organizing press clips
* Processing invoices, maintaining title budgets on supervisors' campaigns, and helping with data entry related to department budgets
* Coordinating logistics for meetings, including securing conference rooms and setting up virtual meetings, coordinating calendar schedules, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes
*Handling outreach for paperback campaigns
The annual salary for this position is $50,000.00 - $50,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.