Marketing Manager, S&S Books
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/31/2022 5:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Marketing Manager, S&S Books jobs in New York-NY
Search all Marketing Manager, S&S Books postings
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmerica's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
Simon & Schuster seeks a Marketing Manager for its flagship imprint. The Simon & Schuster imprint is home to a prestigious roster of established and emerging authors, and a distinguished list of bestselling, award-winning books. The imprint publishes across a variety categories with an emphasis on serious nonfiction â€'' particularly history, politics, current events, and business â€'' as well as literary and commercial fiction. The right candidate will be able to work independently on some projects and in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders on other projects; initiate and execute multitouch marketing campaigns; analyze sales data and trends; create and deploy editorial and visual content; monitor and curate social media channels; and be comfortable presenting at meetings
This Marketing Manager will be primarily focused on S&S's rich backlist that includes some of the most revered, and critically and commercially successful books and authors of the past 100 years. These books and legacies are a core strength of the company and vital to its ongoing success. This marketer will be charged with identifying sales and marketing opportunities to ensure these books and authors stand tall in online and storefront retailers. These initiatives could range from social media content creation, book club outreach, Goodreads campaigns, strategic partnerships, and more.
Another primary function of this role will be S&S's academic marketing program. This initiative includes but is hardly limited to title research at the college and high school levels, curriculum adoption mailings, conference organization, and other strategies to help S&S's books become classroom staples. The right candidate will have an understanding of marketing to academics and key decision makers at institutions.
The right candidate will have a deep love of books paired with a sense of creativity in how to promote them in new and different ways. A marketer who has a firm understanding of platforms such as Goodreads, Edelweiss, NetGalley, Bookscan, Amazon Vendor Central, and prospecting tools (EduDataHub, MDR, etc.) and can then synthesize that information will be a high priority. Candidates with a strong understanding of social media, at the consumer and business levels, as well as the ever-evolving media landscape will also be prioritized.
The role will have a good deal of autonomy while reporting to the imprint's Vice President and Associate Publisher and the Vice President of Marketing. There will also be opportunities to collaborate across departments: publicity, sales, creative services, editorial, etc. Strong communication skills are essential. Considering the nature of the S&S publishing list and author roster, a keen understanding of and interest in current events and pop culture are required. The candidate should be just as comfortable discussing a range of news topics and trends as s/he is rhapsodizing about a new favorite show, album, podcast, etc. This is a wonderful opportunity for a marketer with leadership aspirations who's serious about making an immediate impact and serious about career growth.
• Conceiving and executing multitouch marketing campaigns for â€˜backlist' titles that continue to regularly sell in the marketplace
• Devising and launching scalable marketing campaigns
• Devising an academic marketing program to help S&S books garner strong consideration at the college and high school levels
• Analyzing sales data and trends to identify growth opportunities
• Ideating creative for ads, sales collateral, and other promotional items
• Creating simple yet elegant social media content
• Preparing and executing mailings to academics
• Coordinating materials for various academic conferences
• 3-5 years of marketing experience in book publishing or related industry
• Proven success in consumer-facing campaign planning, digital marketing, social media strategy, and talent management
• Strong understanding of what â€˜backlist' means and its vitality to a publishing company
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Confidence in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, prospective authors, celebrities, performers, politicians, thought leaders, etc.
• Keen understanding of Goodreads, NetGalley, Edelweiss, and other book-specific services
• Proficient with all major social media platforms and their respective business tools
• Proficient with prospecting tools such as EduDataHub, MDR, niche media outlets, etc.
• Organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and versatile to handle a range of projects
• Understanding of the ever-evolving media landscape
• Deep interest in current events and pop culture
• Serious about building a career and more senior roles
Please note that our salary ranges are commensurate with experience.
The annual salary for this position is $72,000.00 - 75,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.