Marketing Manager, Customer Retention
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Marketing Manager, Customer Retention, Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is looking for an experienced Retention Manager to grow the highly successful Pimsleur language learning subscription business.
The Retention Manager will come from a direct-to-consumer environment in which maximizing user retention and engagement were key performance indicators in a digital subscription business. Previous experience with a subscription business is a must.
On a broader scale this role is responsible for driving improvements in lifetime value, reducing churn, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Specifically, the role will oversee and test how we communicate with customers at all stages of their journey, develop save and retention offers, implement upsell opportunities and work cross-functionally with every team (marketing, e-commerce, analytics, customer service, content, etc.) to identify opportunities and implement initiatives that drive engagement with our current subscriber base.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of consumer funnels and segmentation and past experience developing customer retention strategies across email, web and in-app to drive increased retention , engagement, and product usage for a mobile-forward subscription business.
Other responsibilities will include:
• A/B testing retention offers at point of cancellation.
• Identifying and developing upsell/cross-sell opportunities to maximize LTV and customer satisfaction.
• Establishing, owning, and reporting on key onboarding and retention indicators to drive decision making and results.
• Collaborating with content and app development teams to shape the future of our app to meet retention goals and increase loyalty.
• Ensuring second to none customer experience that drives advocacy and loyalty.
• Scoping requirements and working with vendors to develop technology improvements to support retention initiatives.
• 4 years of experience in retention planning and strategy
• Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation
• Experience leveraging in-app communication features to drive engagement
• Solid understanding of web (Google Analytics), mobile analytics tools (MMP experience preferred), and subscription metrics
• Copywriting or content marketing skills preferred
• Self-starter with strong communication skills that can multi-task and flourish in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team in remote locations
• 5 years' experience working on a direct response marketing team is strongly preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Please note that this role can be based in either the Concord, MA office or the NYC office.
Fully remote candidates will be considered as well.