Marketing & Publicity Manager
Simon & SchusterCammeray, VI
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Marketing & Publicity Manager jobs in Cammeray-VI
Search all Marketing & Publicity Manager postings
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Welcome to Simon & Schuster Australia, part of the ViacomCBS Corporation, one of Australia's fastest growing publishers bringing an extensive range of locally published and international books to readers across Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for a confident, innovative and self-motivated Marketing and Publicity Manager to develop and implement consumer and retailer marketing campaigns across a range of titles and genres. This is a high-level marketing position within the department and requires someone with solid previous experience, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to the changing media and marketing landscape.
If you are looking for a varied, exciting role working in a team of passionate booklovers, this could be the job for you. The role can be based in Melbourne OR Sydney.
You will be doing things like this:
• The development and implementation of all elements of allocated book campaigns including PR, trade marketing, advertising, point-of-sale creation, digital media
• Be the key point of contact for these campaigns with both internal and external contacts, most importantly authors, clearly communicating all plans to all parties
• Work closely with your marketing and publicity colleagues on content and management of elements of Simon & Schuster owned media
• The development of key relationships to assist in campaign success, including with key media
To be successful in this role, you will need the following key skills & attributes:
• At least 5 years' experience in a marketing or PR role, with PR experience favourable
• Book industry, or similar industry, experience preferable
• The ability to multi-task and plan meticulously
• A strong verbal and written communicator
• An innovative thinker with creative flair
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages
• A team player and the ability to work in a small, collaborative, fast paced environment with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
• A keen reader
Who we are:
We are a global leader with offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, India and Australia, employing approximately 1400 staff worldwide.
In Australia, we publish both local and international books that make an impact on the bestseller lists and our cultural landscape. We are dedicated to bringing an extensive range of titles for adults and children, in all genres and all formats, into the hands of readers. Our passion, agility and commitment to our authors and books made us the fastest growing publisher last year and we have continued plans for growth in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries, additional superannuation, a large suite of benefits including paid parental leave, financial planning and superannuation advice, income protection and life insurance and a range of wellbeing programs. We offer a non-corporate, inclusive, friendly and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
Simon & Schuster is dedicated to publishing a broad and diverse range of books for everyone, representative of the world around us. We are committed to working with and supporting writers, illustrators and other creative partners from all walks of life, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, nationality, religion or belief, age, social or economic circumstance.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. If you feel you have the required aptitude and experience, please submit your CV with a cover letter here. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.