Marketing & Publicity Director Childrens
Simon & SchusterLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Marketing & Publicity Director Childrens jobs in London-UK
Search all Marketing & Publicity Director Childrens postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing & Publicity Director Childrens? Marketing & Publicity Director – Children's (Maternity Cover)
Simon & Schuster Children's Books was founded in 1998 and is one of the most exciting & innovative publishers in the UK today. Publishing across many genres from picture books through to YA, they are dedicated to publishing books that children love to read. Stars on the fiction list include work by global bestsellers Cassandra Clare and Rachel Renée Russell and homegrown talent from Ben Miller and Danny Wallace, alongside bestselling picture books including the 'Aliens Love Underpants' series by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort, the 'Supertato' series by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet and award-winning work from Benji Davies. Simon & Schuster has been shortlisted and highly commended in the Bookseller Industry Awards, Children's Publisher of the Year category.
We are looking for a Children's Marketing & Publicity Director to lead campaigns and manage a high-performing team in an exciting, fast-paced role.
Reporting to the Children's Deputy Managing Director, this role will oversee all aspects of Simon & Schuster's marketing and publicity output for children's titles. The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Planning and delivering imaginative, effective, and well-executed marketing and publicity campaigns for high profile fiction and picture book titles.
• Managing and motivating the team, ensuring creativity by encouraging the implementation of the latest marketing & PR practices and processes.
• Maintaining positive relationships with authors, agents, key media, and industry stakeholders, and acting as an ambassador for Simon & Schuster UK.
• Representing the marketing & publicity department within Simon & Schuster, communicating its activities internally.
• Delivering pitches and presentations to authors, agents, and retailers.
• Managing the marketing and publicity budget to ensure cost-effective campaigns.
• Working with international colleagues for global communication and efficiencies.
You are highly experienced with a passion for Children's books, strong media, and industry contacts, as well as outstanding author care experience. You have the ability to think creatively and plan impactful marketing & publicity campaigns using traditional media, events, and digital platforms. A prowess for multi-tasking and innovative thinking is a must as is exemplary organizational skills and an eye for detail. You are a successful leader who enjoys developing a team and working closely with senior executives.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 May 2021, 5.30pm This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.