Digital Marketing Assistant, Simon & Schuster Children's Books
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2023 3:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Digital Marketing Assistant, Simon & Schuster Children's Books jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Marketing Assistant, Simon & Schuster Children's Books postings
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to assist in the execution of marketing plans and provide departmental support for our Simon & Schuster Books Children's Digital Department and Digital Director. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, forward-thinking, social media savvy, excited, and innovative, with a passion for children's books and digital media. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will help work on a wide range of acclaimed and bestselling titles across picture book, middle grade, and YA categories.
Specific duties include:
• Assisting in the development and execution of digital marketing plans each season.
• Scheduling social media posts across our Simon Teen and Simon Kids channels
• Maintaining team production schedule and marketing plans
• Own sweepstakes process across Kids and Teen
• Assist in copywriting for social posts, sweepstakes, and newsletters.
• Working with marketing coordinator on asset production and routing
• Managing director's calendars and act as a liaison/gatekeeper between Director of Digital, the digital team, and outside Children's departments
• Providing general administrative support for Director
• Digital marketing research into new and emerging platforms
• Compiling social analytics, including trending topics and titles
• Reading selected seasonal titles, became the go-to expert on books assigned.
• General team support such as coordinating and executing mailings, creating agendas for and scheduling meetings, note-taking during meetings, including post-mortems, next steps, and follow-up tasks/emails, tracking and submitting invoices for approval, assisting in creating marketing decks and materials, and taking on additional marketing projects as assigned
Required skills / knowledge:
• Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
• Creative and digitally savvy, with the ability to spot emerging trends, enjoys storytelling, and eager to assist in creating engaging, fresh content
• Familiarity and comfort with social media platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
• Experience in Canva and other online marketing design platforms
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Familiarity with and interest in children's books preferred
• Previous admin experience a plus
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmerica's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
The annual salary for this position is $50,000.00 - $50,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.