Desktop Publishing Designer
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Desktop Publishing Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Desktop Publishing Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Desktop Publishing Designer?
Full Time Job
The Simon & Schuster Design and Digital Content Development team is hiring a desktop publishing designer to help us make great books. The designer will be responsible for:
• Typesetting and composition of new books, including making corrections to existing files
• Creating enlargement and reduction samples
• Flowing books in InDesign, reflowing books to meet new trim sizes
• Creating books of varying complexity based on existing designs
• Reviewing and rebuilding assets from foreign publishers to comply with in-house design standards
• Creating original designs for eBooks, trade paperback, and hardcover. This includes designing titles with complex design elements, such as complicated back matter material, photos t/o, indexes, subheads, etc.
• Assisting in training junior staff on new concepts/processes
• Assisting with complex backlist conversions, patches, and reprints
• Assisting with reviewing and finalizing Wiki documentation for Desktop department procedures
• Creating spine dies and selecting jacket case materials
• Reviewing file quality and composition of backlist titles for content update requests/reprinting
• Assisting with supervising reprint corrections
The designer should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized. Because the job is deadline-sensitive, this person must be able to manage their time extremely well.
'- Minimum 3 years of book publishing design experience
• Experienced in InDesign
• Familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator
• Knows proofreader's marks
• Experienced with book composition standards