Simon & SchusterCammeray, NS
This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2022 6:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Designer jobs in Cammeray-NS
Search all Designer postings
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmerica's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
Simon & Schuster Australia has an opportunity for a Freelance Designer to work with their local team in supporting the development of digital, social, video, presentations and print collateral.
The office is based in Cammeray 2 days per week, ongoing on a freelance basis.
Functions will include:
• Creating content including Instagram graphic tiles, book cover promo animation trailer creation, website banners, point of sale standees, out-of-home advertising, print advertising, sales presentations, event collateral, raw video editing into ads, photo editing
• Working closely with stakeholders including In-House Designer, Marketing & Publicity team, Publishing team, Sales team
What are we looking for? What's important?
• Experience (all or multiple):
• Expertise in Adobe Suite â€'' Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro.
• Expertise in Canva.
• Significant design experience for digital, print, and video.
• Portfolio of work across all of the above.
• Soft skills:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Very high attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Quick turn-around times and ability to deliver by deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
Extra brownie points for:
• Availability to do additional hours/provide short-notice outcomes if required.
• Previous experience in publishing or similar.
• Agency or in-house experience at large brand
Who we are:
We are a global leader with offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, India and Australia, employing approximately 1400 staff worldwide.
In Australia, we publish both local and international books that make an impact on the bestseller lists and our cultural landscape. We are dedicated to bringing an extensive range of titles for adults and children, in all genres and all formats, into the hands of readers. Our passion, agility and commitment to our authors and books made us the fastest growing publisher last year and we have continued plans for growth in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries, additional superannuation, a large suite of benefits including paid parental leave, financial planning and superannuation advice, income protection and life insurance and a range of wellbeing programs. We offer a non-corporate, inclusive, friendly and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
We believe storytelling has the power to change Australian culture and value diversity and inclusion, both in the books that we publish and the people we hire to help us make this happen. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply.
We're looking for someone to start as soon as possible. If you feel you have the required aptitude and experience and you're inspired to work on a diverse and growing list as part of a dynamic and friendly team, please submit your CV with a cover letter here.