Customer Service Representative
Simon & SchusterRiverside, NJ
Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster is currently seeking a Contact Center Customer Service Representative to join our Team. This position will support our internal, external customers and clients with accurate, timely and efficient customer service and order processing.
• Answer and respond to customer calls and emails throughout the day providing customer support for the company.
o Manage customer information needs (availability, shipping status, etc.)
o Respond to customer with pertinent product and/or company marketing information.
o Use available resources to track and trace orders and provide proof of delivery documentation.
o Promptly & accurately enter orders
• Provide proactive education of our customers on our policies, procedures, and products to enhance the customer experience.
• Communicate with other departments internally and with outside sources to get answers and give quality service to our customers.
• Outbound calls to contact customer to clarify orders prior to processing by Order Entry.
• Update completed orders following company procedures and policies by use of Order Management
• Suggest appropriate tools for customer self-help, such as online portal, automated invoice and credit emails, etc.
• Provide support to customers using our online system, responding to product/order questions and redirecting technical questions as appropriate.
• Representative will assist with special projects as needed.
• College 2 or 4 year degree preferred or commensurate business experience
• 1 – 2 years Call Center and Customer Service experience, particularly in a corporate environment
• Excellent PC skills. Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc) (SAP experience a plus)
• Must be able to construct and maintain simple spreadsheets in MS Excel
• Professional telephone and email etiquette
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Well organized, with good time management and follow-up skills
• Ability to multi-task
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm
SCHEDULED WORK HOU