Associate Director Publicity
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Director Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Director Publicity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Director Publicity?
Full Time Job
Associate Director Publicity, Simon & Schuster Children's Books
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing seeks an Associate Director of Publicity for Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Atheneum Books for Young Readers, and Beach Lane Books. The Associate Director of Publicity will execute publicity campaigns for high-profile children's and young adult releases, and will work closely with the Senior Director of Publicity on organizational efforts for the team.
• Developing overall media strategy and messaging for titles;
• Meeting with national media to pitch seasonal lists placing original author essays with top tier publications;
• Announcing new acquisitions;
• Orchestrating author tours, pre-publication tours, industry events, and local author appearances;
• Presenting campaign plans and results in internal sales meetings;
• Traveling selectively with authors for book tours and festivals/conferences; and helping direct the day-to-day functions of the department.
Previous experience must include:
• 7 years of prior book publicity experience at a major children's publishing house;
• Established relationships with media contacts who cover books and book publishing;
• Effective communication skills (oral & written) for interactions with media, authors and internal departments;
• Experience with all facets of a national publicity campaign, from book acquisition announcements to securing national media interviews to conducting multi-city national tours;
• Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities;
• Ability to work well independently as well as in collaborative team environments;
• Self-motivated, persistent, and goal-oriented individual;
• Effective organizational and project management skills