Silvergate MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Reports to Head of Production in the management and coordination of production elements and approvals, to successfully oversee series development and production.
• Manage the day-to-day relationship and delivery/milestone requirements with vendors from development through delivery including but not limited to 3D animation studios, live action service providers, audio and post-production facilities.
• Run the day-to-day operations of certain production processes including but not limited to scripting, casting, recording and music.
• Oversee small in-house production team and work in collaboration with vendors to ensure series stays on schedule and budget.
• Support creative team to receive and review production assets including scripts, animatics, animation and music/sfx/mix in accordance with the series schedule and parameters.
• Ensure timely distribution and feedback from partners/broadcasters and ensure the tracking and implementation of notes including legal and S&P compliance.
• Manage production costs, including tracking, forecasting and cashflows.
• Work with the production accountant to ensure that all purchase orders and invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner and to produce accurate cost reports, as required
• Manage the drafting and tracking of legal contracts and paperwork.
• Ensure series is produced and delivered with all technical requirements being met.
• If required, ensure that all ancillary commercial requirements are met during the production process including, style guide images, episodic stills and promos.
Skills and Experience Needed:
• Knowledge of series budgeting and scheduling.
• Experience managing animation studios (3D), audio facilities, and other vendors to produce and deliver an animated series.
• Oversight of production while working in various time zones.
• Accustomed to working in a busy, fast-paced work environment.
• Highly organized and if required, able to handle multiple projects at once. Each project can be in various stages of development or production.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and PC operating systems, as well as budgeting programs. Experience with PMI/Octopus platform a plus but not necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in line producing, with emphasis on CGI animated media and a thorough understanding of a CG production pipeline from development to post-production.
• Previous supervisory and leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Must be able to adapt to different or unusual technological or production requirements, including large resolutions, high frame rates, 3D, and unusual formats (ex. dome films).
• Knowledge of Production Tracking and Asset Management software. Knowledge of Gantt / waterfall chart style scheduling is preferred, but not required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• A demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong attention to detail is critical.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online