Writer / Producer
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview & Responsibilities
Showtime is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to develop and produce innovative and breakthrough promotional creative content for our original series, documentaries, theatricals, and for our brand itself, on the network's existing and emerging distribution platforms. The Writer/Producer should have excellent copywriting, producing, and conceptual-thinking skills, the ability to manage several projects, as well as a strong working knowledge of the television marketing and promotions industry.
Conceive, produce and deliver promotional creative content with a focus on AV promos (teases, launch, episodics, trailers) for multiple platforms including on-air, social, and digital. Lead projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, and audio mix. Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, Editors, Designers, Vendors, and Marketing Partners, making sure all elements meet strategy and conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
• Manage relationships with Creative Directors and Associate Creative Directors to lead all aspects of production including creative development, workflow, and acquiring approvals
• Partner with Campaign and Production Management to develop schedules and meet multiple deadlines
• Collaborate with Operations to book and lead edit and audio sessions
• Work closely with Design to develop graphics and with Program Marketing, Social, Digital, Key Accounts, and PR: to fulfill their creative needs including, but not limited to promos, radio, and podcast scripts
• Attend and participate in creative brainstorms
• Collaborate with outside vendors (production companies, designers, music supervisors and composers, etc.) when needed.
• Oversee administrative and logistical needs related to their projects
• College degree required. A degree in a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in TV and/or theatrical marketing, streaming or broadcast services, or digital media agency.
• Strong writing, producing, and conceptual thinking skills. A good storyteller!
• Knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Understanding of editing and post-production with a full grasp of industry practices.
• Knowledge of digital and social platforms, trends, and standard methodologies.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage workflow and tight deadlines for projects across teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to accept and address creative feedback from management, showrunners and talent in a constructive way and with a good attitude.
• Basic editing skills (Adobe Premiere or AVID) – able to pull clips, create stringouts, and lay out rough cuts