VP, Av Production
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Av Production jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Av Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Av Production? POSITION SUMMARY:
Holistically oversee SHO in-house creative services post-production facility, AV Content Producers and Post-Production Services teams. Lead all video production efforts to facilitate large volume audiovisual content finishing, mastering, versioning, graphics creation, creative repurposing, localization, delivery and asset management through marketing campaign lifecycles.
• Oversee the staff and daily operations of the three video production teams for SHOWTIME Marketing.
• Manage team of AV Content Producers to ensure the timely delivery of on-air and off-air materials and successfully track and manage promotional workflow between Creative, Interstitial, Global Operations, and related departments.
• Be actively involved while overseeing content production workflow and project management of all AV content production.
• Oversee job intake and schedules, clearances, licensing etc. and keep relevant departments informed of status on large multimedia marketing and advertising campaigns promoting SHO series, movies, documentary films and series, Sports franchises and branding.
• Manage team of Post-Production editors who perform Versioning and QC editing on all promotional content and final delivery and distribution of AV assets.
• Manage scheduling and operations team responsible for SHO in-house Edit Facility.
• Oversee tactical budgets for promotional video content creation and finishing.
• Liaison with Campaign Managers on all campaign related asset creation, delivery, scheduling etc.
• Manage the activities of direct reports through coaching, delegating, and proper staffing in order to meet department and company goals.
• Initiate frequent and consistent communication to ensure team members understand their assignments and responsibilities and give appropriate feedback.
• Create an exceptional client service atmosphere ensuring that all possible client needs and expectations are consistently met and surpassed at any given moment.
• Assess and review team performance, QC controls, delivery requirements and accuracy.
• Set and enforce workflow and technical policies as it relates to in-house technical facilities, workflows, and systems used in efforts for video promotion created for SHOWTIME O&O and platforms and other.
• Collaborate on, recommend and implement best of breed post-production technologies and workflows working with team and ViacomCBS technical personnel.
• Look for and execute workflow/technology solutions to improve SHO post-production efficiency. Cloud/MAM/Automation etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Effective management skills.
• Ability to delegate, motivate and guide staff members to achieve stated goals.
• The ability to oversee a wide variety of responsibilities and manage their implications with regard to workflow.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Video editing skills
• Experienced knowledge of cloud services and cloud0based video workflows
• Experience with Video asset management systems and metadata concepts
• A complete understanding of video/audio broadcast standards
• Knowledge of broadcast video/audio equipment such as waveform/vectorscopes, audio meters, and video tape decks of various formats
• Ability to recognize inefficiencies in workflow and devise solutions
• Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to people in non-technical positions
• Vast experience with industry standard creative tools.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A basic knowledge of video compression
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate
• College degree preferred, not required
• Expertise in the areas of video post production, editing, and management.
• 8-10 years of related experience. Management experience required
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Production This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.