Vice President, Production Finance - Scripted
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/13/2021 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Vice President, Production Finance - Scripted jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Vice President, Production Finance - Scripted postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Production Finance - Scripted?
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Showtime is seeking a Vice President, Production Finance who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production accounting operations for Showtime's original programming. This position provides full financial support to and is a primary finance liaison with Corporate Finance, Creative, Business Affairs and Production departments. This is an ideal position for someone who has a comprehensive understanding of production finance and accounting and is looking to bring their strong proficiencies to a fast-paced industry leader. This position will report to the SVP, Original Programming Finance.
The ideal candidate:
• Has strong communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management and other high-level industry executives.
• Exhibits diplomacy, discretion, versatility, and reliability
• Works optimally and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Utilizes knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
• Thinks big-picture and can conceptualize the need for and effectively implement operational improvements.
• Is willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for Showtime's diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime's best interest.
• Working with internal and external partners in day-to-day production accounting operations, policies and procedures, production payroll and accounts payable
• Digesting weekly cost reports, daily hot costs and cash flow funding utilizing experience to recommend financial and operational solutions and improvements
• Liaise with production accountants and service companies during production to ensure that all guild rules/guidelines, labor and payroll rules are being followed and transactions are accurately recorded
• Lead all aspects of preparation of talent payment schedules per talent agreements and guild guidelines, review and approve elements of production budgets
• Oversight of all regularly scheduled guild plan audits and advise on guild inquiries
• Managing the preparation and submission of production related tax filings including ICR's, 1099's, and 1042's and various state and international production tax credits
• Supervising and approving the on-boarding/off-boarding of each production, including production accounting software, bank accounts and document management systems
• Spearheading prep/wrap accounting efficiencies
• Various corporate finance deliverables and ad hoc analysis
• 10 years of experience, preferably with some field production accounting experience on scripted series.
• A comprehensive understanding of production finance, and the entertainment industry and its business practices. Must have extensive knowledge of television or movie production accounting.
• Substantial experience with a general ledger accounting system is also required, including extensive knowledge of accounts payable functions, television or movie production accounting, and general ledger systems
• Must be able to interpret and advise on complex guild/union agreements, talent agreements and tax incentives
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred