Supervisor Program Planning & Scheduling - Showtime
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for implementing all aspects of the monthly linear and non-linear program plans and schedules for SNI branded networks as assigned, including any and all related analytical work. The Supervisor, Program Planning & Scheduling works with the Sr. Director, Program Planning & Scheduling on monthly strategies for each programming service so that the schedules fulfill all basic targeted strategies, are well-balanced from a creative and product usage standpoint and deliver the maximum audience in all dayparts!
• With oversight by the Sr. Director, develop and execute the monthly linear program plans and schedules as assigned. Ensure that the schedules are balanced, distinctive and complementary to other cable services. Maximize viewing opportunities for all movies and programs.
• With oversight by the Sr. Director, develop and execute the monthly subscription video on demand program schedules as assigned, delivering the most effective product mix to drive usage, as well as support sales' and marketing's goals.
• With oversight by the Sr. Director, and in collaboration with Programming Finance, analyze and plan original programming on SNI linear channels so that contractual obligations are met and residual costs are optimized.
• Analytical projects -- related to SNI's programming as well as to SNI's competitors -- as assigned.
• Screen movies and other programs, including short-form, assigned to a particular month in order to determine content issues and provide ratings and advisory recommendations. Determine the most effective placement for each individual product and ensure sensitive and responsible treatment of R-rated or equivalent movies!
• Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience (e.g.: research, content acquisitions, program planning/scheduling, or multiplatform scheduling)
• Passion and strong working knowledge of feature films and television.
• Comfortable working with numbers and strong analytical skills.
• Must handle several tasks simultaneously while ensuring accuracy under severe time constraints
• BA/BS Degree with courses in communication and film highly desirable
• Experience with research/scheduling systems a plus
• Intermediate MS Excel and Powerpoint skills (e.g.: formulas, pivot tables, v lookups)
• Organizational skills as well as a strong sense of priority and effective decision-making skills
• Sense of interdepartmental needs, deadlines, etc. and the ability to interface optimally with others both inside and outside the company.
• Must be good at follow-through and be able to communicate effectively with both superiors and subordinates.