ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Photography, the Supervisor will work across series and events to capture and curate compelling imagery, including unit, gallery, and event photography that best represents SHOWTIME series and the brand.
• Review scripts and one-line schedules to identify key scenes for unit photography coverage.
• Secure and hire unit photographers for assigned domestic and international series and guide the episodic coverage.
• Establish and manage relationships with production contacts on series including Executive Producers, Directors, and Line Producers.
• Manage inception of all unit photography for assigned series including arranging asset delivery, file processing, and naming, input metadata and caption information, photo editing, archiving, and distribution of assets.
• Creatively edit a large volume of unit and gallery photography assets to curate final selects.
• Maintain and facilitate talent photo approvals on assigned series.
• Expertly color correct and retouch images for series and events.
• Pull screen grabs as needed and work on necessary legal rights and clearances.
• Work closely with the Publicity team on assigned series to identify potential first-look and exclusive imagery for press.
• Post images to press site for assigned series and events.
• Distribute gallery and unit images and fulfill internal and external photo requests.
• Partner with teams including Corporate Communications, Publicity, Talent Relations, Awards, Marketing, Social, International, etc.
• Assist in coordinating photo coverage needs for special events including screening premieres, FYC events, TCA, and provide onsite photography support.
• Brainstorm creative ideas for Publicity gallery concepts and attend photo shoots and provide art direction to best execute finalized PR concepts.
• 3 years of professional work experience.
• Previous work experience with photography and photo processing.
• Bachelors degree required, preferably within Communications or other related fields.
• Strong knowledge of production and unit photography set protocols.
• Familiarity with a range of unit and gallery photographers and Local 600 guidelines for coverage.
• Extensive knowledge and proficiencies in Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Premiere), Photo Mechanic.
• Experience with DF Studio for image management and talent approvals.
• Must be proficient in MAC operating system.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective partnerships across departments
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Ability to take initiative and demonstrate effective prioritization skills to complete competing tasks on time.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes working overtime hours as needed.