Supervisor, Performance Media
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Supervisor, Performance Media will drive customer acquisition for Showtime's standalone app and Direct-to-Consumer products by contributing to the development and activation of paid media and supervising daily/weekly optimizations and campaign performance.
• Coordinate the day-to-day management of media campaigns and assist with the strategy & execution of paid search, social, programmatic, and direct display quarterly planning
• Verify that plans are aligned with media strategy and budget, flighted accurately, and executable based on production schedules
• Provide feedback on agency media plan strategy recommendations, partner mix, etc. and make plan revision requests.
• Use industry knowledge and forward thinking in the curation of each media plan
• Offer informed opinions and suggestions to improve efficiency and meet
• Assist agency with any requests needed to set up new test partners, making changes to monthly/quarterly budget and tactic allocations, etc.
• Use project management skills to keep teams informed of deliverable deadlines and communicate updates to various groups as needed
• Lead the development and authoring of quarterly Media Plan Overview presentations to articulate our media strategies and tactics for sign-off prior to activation (opportunity to present this work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments)
• Ensure accurate management and accuracy of documents shared with agency teams on a regular basis
• Attend and be an active participant in all weekly status meetings
• Communicate premiere dates, product updates, budget shifts, upcoming initiatives, and other pertinent information as it becomes available
• Build and maintain professional relationships with external agency partners and vendors; as well as serve as a point-of-contact to provide feedback on targeting, plan development, and optimizations.
• Collaborate with members from Title Marketing Media and Key Account Media to identify areas of overlap in media plans, share transferable findings, synchronize processes, and collect feedback as needed in any Media-led projects
• Communicate regularly with Finance & Account Payables teams to provide necessary updates regarding annual/monthly budgets and monthly invoices
• Work with Manager on operational responsibilities for ad hoc campaigns; issue ad hoc campaign briefs and request plans from the agency
• Compile wrap up reporting details and share with key partners
• Assist the team with balancing budgets at the end of each month/year
• Work to cultivate and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication, and collaboration
• Stay updated on new partner offerings and industry trends related to performance media
• Gather, analyze, and apply data from external agency leads and internal Analytics teams to help define effective and innovative strategic approaches
• Regularly check campaign and partner performance using agency reports and data visualization/reporting tools and call out insightful updates/poor performers/data ingestion issues in dashboards to teams
• Analyze quarterly campaign/series specific performance with an emphasis on digital media KPIs (app downloads, Free Trial Starts, Re-Subscriptions, etc.), and connect to business KPIs (conversion, churn, consumer lifetime value, average subscriber month, etc.)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Foundational understanding of digital media planning and analytics, especially within the direct response space (digital tactics including search, social, programmatic, display, video, and mobile advertising)
• Ability to communicate efficiently across a variety of teams; including written, verbal, presentation and listening skills
• Collaborative in nature, strong work ethic, and computer proficiency
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and comfort managing important financial documents
• Passion for entertainment and Showtime programming
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to analyze and make recommendations
• Ability to learn quickly and pivot for ever-changing priorities
• Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, marketing, advertising, communications, or mathematics preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years working in marketing, advertising and media planning preferred
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.