Sr Manager, Production Finance
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Showtime is seeking a Senior Manager, Production Finance to support production accounting operations for Original Programming. This is an ideal position for someone who has a comprehensive understanding of production finance and accounting and is looking to bring their strong analytical skills and production accounting abilities to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include oversight of show accountants, implementation and management of digital solutions, and corporate deliverables. Reporting to the Director, Production Finance, this position will work cross-functionally to directly support Production Finance FP&A, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Treasury and Tax.
Our ideal new teammate will be able to build positive relationships, be highly detailed, possess strong communication skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy, and take the initiative to drive process improvements.
• Oversee series throughout the production lifecycle of prep, shoot and wrap
• Supervise production accountants and production service companies to ensure compliance with Showtime's accounting policies and procedures
• Monitor productions to ensure accurate guild/union accounting including labor rates, overtime, vacation & holiday pay and pension health & welfare contributions
• Manage and provide guidance on complex multi-state and international tax incentive structures in multi-currency environments
• Coordinate location production audits to ensure compliance with Showtime and SOX policies and procedures
• Lead weekly production cost report meetings with internal executives, producers and accountants
• Coordinate with and advise production and business affairs during the budgeting process
• Provide guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in multi-state and international production environments
• Liaise with production bank and payroll service representatives
• Resolve guild inquiries and supervise guild plan audits
• Coordinate and supervise production tax reporting requirements
• Facilitate various internal and external corporate deliverables
• Serve as main point of contact in the supervision and implementation of digital solutions
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
• 8 years of experience, with at least 3-5 years working in a Finance or Accounting role.
• Comprehensive understanding of production finance functions, production accounting and budgeting, and entertainment industry business practices.
• Knowledge of Smart Accounting and/or Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and payroll processing.
• Ability to interpret talent and guild agreements to extrapolate neccesary labor and financial information.
• A comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and practices, general ledger systems and accounts payable functions.
• The ideal candidate:
• Has strong communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management and other high-level industry executives.
• Works effectively and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Thinks critically and analytically and can process a large volume of transactions and scrutinize large data sets with a high level of accuracy and organization.
• Utilizes knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
• Thinks big-picture and can conceptualize the need for and effectively implement process improvements.
• Learns quickly, conducts self-reviews, checks work and learns from mistakes.
• Is curious, passionate, and enthusiastic about entertainment finance.
• Is willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for Showtime's diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime's best interest.