Sr. Data Engineer
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Showtime Product team is looking for an experienced, curious and creative Sr. Data Engineer to help us pursue answers to our increasingly interesting and complex business questions and empower our team to incorporate data-driven features and machine learning into our products, which include our standalone service SHOWTIME and our TV Everywhere service, Showtime Anytime.
In this role, you will be an integral part of our data engineering team and collaborate with our dedicated Product Analytics team, the Showtime Research and Data Strategy teams, and our in-house backend and front-end engineering groups. You will work with the rest of the data team to architect solutions and develop technologies, systems and workflows that enable our analysts and data scientists to focus on algorithms and analyses rather than on the associated engineering.
Ideal candidates will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities.
Key Technologies: Scala, Spark, AWS, AWS/EMR, Java, Kafka, Groovy, Spring, Mongo, Git, Redis, Bamboo, JIRA, etc.
• Develop understanding of key business, product and user questions.
• Collaborate with other Product Engineering team members to develop, test and support data-related initiatives. Work with other departments to understand their data needs.
• Design, build and contribute to multi-step data and recommendations/personalization pipelines that we can rapidly iterate as our needs change and capabilities grow.
• Evolve data-dependent feature prototypes into production features that scale
• Update batch pipelines to micro-batch or real-time
• Streamline feature engineering, so that the underlying data is efficiently extracted.
• You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in a comparable data engineering role
• You have expert-level knowledge of SQL/Spark SQL
• You like to dive-deep on data questions to come up with effective solutions
• You believe in writing code that is easy to understand, test and maintain
• You thrive in a workplace that values autonomy, applauds ideas and a enjoys a sense of humor
• College degree is required
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Data and Research