Senior QA Engineer
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 7:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior QA Engineer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior QA Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior QA Engineer?
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview & Responsibilities
Showtime Networks Inc., is seeking a Senior QA Engineer to assist in maintaining and improving the quality of Showtime's streaming services.
In this position, located in Showtime's New York City headquarters, you will be responsible for performing positive and negative functional testing, compatibility testing, and assuring data integrity.
Our ideal candidate will be able to prioritize and collaborate with Product and Development teams to resolve issues interfering with the customer experience. They will understand the balance between business needs/deadlines and the overall quality of the project, while remaining calm under pressure. The Senior QA Engineer is someone who is instinctual, has an eye for detail and is creative.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of the behavior of (and issues affecting) Showtime's streaming services across all platforms.
• Perform testing of new features and functionality on Showtime's streaming services.
• Write test cases and use tracking and debugging tools to file, monitor and resolve issues.
• Communicate concisely and frequently with all peers, partners and project/product owners impacted by test and troubleshooting results.
• Lead and mentor peers that are less experienced.
• Possesses the potential to lead.
• 7 years directly testing and/or supporting web and mobile media applications for devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, and smart TV applications
• 7 years using any defect tracking tool (Jira a plus)
• 5 years testing LID and game console apps for devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox, and Playstation
• Working knowledge of Smart TV apps
• Knowledge to build -- and work with or without -- test plans or test cases is essential. Experience with Jira is a plus.
• Experience testing browser compatibility across both Mac and PC platforms
• Expertise using developer/debugging tools such as Xcode, Charles and Wireshark
• Experience writing test plans and test cases
• Strong documentation and communication skills