Publicist, Sports Communications
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you in the market for a dynamic position in Sports Publicity? If so, then look no further. We're actively hiring for a Publicist, Sports Communications to join the growing Showtime Networks team! This position is responsible for supporting the development and execution of consumer & trade publicity campaigns for live television events, studio television programs, and overall department outreach both internally and externally under the supervision of the Senior Vice President.
The Publicist will also support talent relations (athletes and on-air talent), on-site logistics, television production logistics, and editing/updating digital content.
Come join our growing team!
• Coordinate creation (writing, editing) and dissemination of primary publicity elements (news releases, bios, photography, video assets)
• Act as liaison between SEP marketing/SHO production on-air talent and athletes, managers, event promoters, organizers, etc, in unison with network and event communications teams
• Implement multiple publicity campaigns simultaneously for SHOWTIME PPV, SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, ShoBox: The New Generation and unscripted sports programs
• Handle existing relationships with journalists, producers, columnists, and build partnerships with new leading online news, sports and pop culture outlets
• Fulfill press requests including arrange interviews, pitch story ideas, acquire publicity placement
• Coordinate event logistics: production, staff and vendor logistics at boxing events, on-location television shoots, public events and press conferences
• Write, edit and disseminate internal and external communications (event announcement, messaging details, etc.)
• Minimum of four years of college experience with degree in Communications, English or related field
• Three-five years in public relations, communications or sports /internship and/or employment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced department
• Ability to adapt to changing situations & environments (i.e. last minute changes to live television show, event logistics, fight card; business travel both nationally and internationally)
• Organization/Prioritization on multiple tasks for multiple events simultaneously