Marketing Director, Program Distribution
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/23/2021 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Marketing Director, Program Distribution jobs in New York-NY
Search all Marketing Director, Program Distribution postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing Director, Program Distribution?
Full Time Job
The Director, Program Distribution is responsible for directing the day-to-day process of adapting, clearing, and distributing all Showtime assets to international output deal partners, third-party licensees, ViacomCBS International (VCBSI) and global streaming partners like Paramount and PlutoTV. The Director will lead content deliverable flow in-house, brief Showtime marketing executives on international needs, and provide feedback throughout the creative review process. Additionally, this person will work with Showtime divisional partners to mitigate workflow and production issues ensuring timely delivery of approved and cleared marketing assets. Based in NY, this position will report to the Vice-President, Program Distribution.
• Lead NY-based team on the daily operations, clearances, planning, distribution and delivery of promotional marketing and advertising assets
• Communicate international promotional needs to Showtime Campaign Managers, ensuring their pre-premiere launch schedules are met
• Ensure show brand uniformity on all marketing deliverables for worldwide use.
• Retrieve tent pole dates and monitor availability of Showtime marketing tactics and execution/implementation (including online campaigns).
• Identify, develop and implement workflow solutions to drive production efficiencies supporting marketing campaign management, external communication and distribution.
• Communicate marketing asset availability and tactic types to global partners while building and maintaining good standing relationships with international marketing leads
• Collaborate with marketing campaign management leads, communicating Program Operations & Distribution (POD) business needs into marketing rollouts and strategies.
• Lead Creative Services in asset deliverables, retrieve final, approved advertising tactics including copy, images, and layered art files.
• Collaborate closely with Digital Media and Social media establishing distribution channels from outside agencies to POD servers for worldwide distribution, including social video tactics in various formats, web banners, gifs, social media graphic templates, etc.
• Strategize delivery of promotional asset ETAs to clients.
• Direct team in identifying upcoming promotional materials creation for re-purposing and clearing assets, working with editors, sound mixers and creative directors.
• Brief creative teams on all special print needs for distribution requests, including key art revisions for international sensibilities
• Direct and assign freelance editors for all international promos, communicating all international specs and deliverables. Check edited pieces for licensed music, tune-in, voice-over talent, Showtime branding, and licensed third-party footage.
• Ensure various video or print file rejections from distribution partners have been fixed in a timely manner and re-delivered.
• Lead on licensee approval requests for altered Showtime marketing assets, providing expertise on credit likeness restrictions and other clearance and legal pitfalls.
• Lead marketing related requests from programming executives and Talent Relations requiring talent input and approval and creative approval, including marketing stunts, key art revisions, digital campaigns, etc.
• Manage third party licensee marketing deals and the sale of Showtime's promotional assets to co-production partners
• Work with head of Photography and team in identifying timeline of incoming photo asset deliveries, kills, re-touches, embargoes, etc.
• Develop schedules and resource links for international partners accessing photographic assets
• Aide the Vice-President of Program Distribution to on-board new global streaming partners actively participating in partner-specific marketing workflow requirements.
• Collaborate with the VP, Program Distribution to revise Showtime series campaign deck/marketing backgrounders and distribute to Output Deal Partners.
• Provide various marketing pieces and post-premiere performance ratings for VCBSI major sales presentations, conferences and meetings.
• Oversee ad hoc requests for international distribution marketing/publicity/photography needs.
• Monitor Showtime domestic PR exclusive campaigns to ensure international marketing assets do not compromise domestic press outlet placement.
• Maintain year-to-date costs for all marketing distribution charges for end of year accruals.
• 7 years agency, marketing production, post-production, or New Media experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of media and entertainment with an emphasis in marketing distribution and creative services, production and post-production required.
• Experience using a MAC and FileMaker Pro; working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
• BA or BS degree in Communications or Film/TV preferred.
• Ability to solve problems, anticipate needs of partners, and balance competing projects in a fast paced team environment.