Marketing Director, Program Distribution
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Marketing Director, Program Distribution jobs in New York-NY
Search all Marketing Director, Program Distribution postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing Director, Program Distribution?
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for directing the overall day-to-day process of adapting, clearing, and distributing all Showtime promotional broadcast, digital, social, photographic, key art, and print marketing assets to international output deal partners (SKY, Bell, Canal ), third-party licensees (Fox, Sony, Warner Brothers) ViacomCBS International (VCBSI) and global streaming partners like Paramount and PlutoTV. The Marketing Director will oversee content deliverable flow in-house, brief Showtime marketing executives on international needs and provide feedback throughout the creative review process. Additionally, this person will work closely with stakeholders within various divisions at Showtime, such as Photography, Digital and Social Media, Program Marketing, Creative Services, Research, Legal and Business Affairs in order to mitigate workflow and production issues and ensure timely delivery of all approved and cleared marketing assets for exploitation in various markets worldwide. Based in NY, this position will report to the Vice-President, Program Distribution.
• Oversee NY-based team on the daily operations, clearances, and the strategic planning and implementation of distributing promotional marketing and advertising assets to global streaming partners (Paramount , PlutoTV) and worldwide licensees from trailers, launch spots, episodics, behind-the-scenes footage, key art, photography, and social and digital media assets.
• Oversee distribution of all marketing materials for scripted original series, co-productions, acquisitions, unscripted series, documentary feature films and sports programming.
• Work closely with Showtime campaign managers, communicating international promotional needs, ensuring their pre-premiere launch schedules are met.
• Safeguard show brand consistency on all marketing deliverables for worldwide use.
• Retrieve tent pole dates and monitor availability of Showtime marketing tactics and how they're executed/implemented (including online campaigns).
• Identify, develop and implement workflow solutions to drive production efficiencies supporting marketing campaign management, external communication and distribution.
• Look to improve and recommend automation workflows in order to scale workload increases/decreases.
• Ensure team is hitting delivery deadlines to all partners launching day-date-time with Showtime campaigns.
• Communicate marketing asset availability and tactic types to global partners while building and maintaining good standing relationships with international marketing leads at ViacomCBS, Paramount , Bell Media, Sky, Sony, Fox, and Warner Brothers and more.
• Collaborate with marketing campaign management leads, communicating Program Operations & Distribution (POD) business needs into marketing rollouts and strategies.
• Instruct Creative Services in asset deliverables, obtain final, approved advertising tactics including copy, images, and layered art files.
• Collaborate closely with Digital Media and Social media establishing distribution channels from outside agencies to POD servers for worldwide distribution, including social video tactics in various formats, web banners, gifs, social media graphic templates, etc.
• Strategize delivery of promotional asset ETAs to clients.
• Direct team in identifying upcoming promotional materials creation for repurposing and clearing assets, working with editors, sound mixers and creative directors.
• Confirm team follows up with various marketing ''POD'' leaders in order to stay up to date on materials being produced and clearances being sought.
• Step in and troubleshoot when issues arise, latent response times, and/or delivery delays.
• Brief creative teams on all special print needs for distribution requests, including key art revisions for international sensibilities
• Direct and assign freelance editors for all international promos, communicating all international specs and deliverable expectations. Edited pieces must be checked for licensed music, tune-in, voice-over talent, Showtime branding, and licensed third-party footage.
• Ensure various video or print file rejections from distribution partners have been fixed in a timely manner and re-delivered.
• Identify cost saving opportunities for existing workflows through potential automated workflows or adjustments to distribution requirements
• Lead on licensee approval requests for altered Showtime marketing assets, providing expertise and guidance on credit likeness restrictions and other clearance and legal pitfalls.
• Run point with programming executives and Talent Relations on all marketing-related requests requiring talent input and approval and creative approval, such as marketing stunts, key art revisions, digital campaigns, etc.
• Oversee third party licensee marketing deals and the sale of Showtime's promotional assets to co-production partners like Warner Brothers, Sony, etc.
• Liaise between Showtime and co-production legal on contract deal terms.
• Establish distribution channels to co-production partners for purchased marketing assets upon execution of contracts
• Work with head of Photography and team in identifying timing of incoming photo asset deliveries, kills, re-touches, embargoes, etc.
• Establish timelines for unit and gallery photography deliveries and troubleshoot delays.
• Develop schedules and resource links for international partners accessing photographic assets
• Aide the Vice-President of Program Distribution to on-board new global streaming partners actively participating in partner-specific marketing workflow requirements.
• Collaborate with the VP, Program Distribution to revise Showtime series campaign deck/marketing backgrounders and distribute to Output Deal Partners.
• Provide various marketing pieces for VCBSI major sales presentations, conferences and meetings.
• Lead on VCBSI sales one-sheets, providing pertinent show information, cast details, imagery, routing approvals, etc.
• Provide premiere and post-premiere performance ratings to VCBSI to aid in their sales efforts.
• Oversee ad hoc requests for international distribution marketing/publicity/photography needs.
• Monitor Showtime domestic PR exclusive campaigns to ensure international marketing assets do not compromise domestic press outlet placement.
• Maintain year-to-date costs for all marketing distribution charges for end of year accruals.
• Strong customer service ability needed.
• Capacity to work within a fast-paced environment and aggressive deadlines and follow-up meticulously on projects is mandatory.
• Fundamental knowledge of media and entertainment with an emphasis in marketing distribution and creative services, as well as knowledge of production and post-production required.
• must have the ability to use a MAC and work in Filemaker Pro; needs to have a working knowledge of Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign;
• A functional knowledge of the distribution business is a plus.
• Demonstrated administrative, organizational and communication skills a must.
• Ability to work well in a team situation and with creative teams, production management, broadcast traffic, on-air scheduling, business affairs, partners and account groups working under pressure and juggling many different projects at once.
• Must be a proactive thinker, always taking the initiative to anticipate needs and coordinate with other team members rather than waiting for direction.