Manager Of Events, Showtime
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, NY
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Manager of Events will lead a high volume of premium virtual and live events with A-List talent as it relates to the entertainment industry. They will use a proactive approach to build outside-of-the-box experiences that elevate the SHOWTIME brand.
Reporting to the SVP of Talent Relations, Events & Promotions, the Manager will be responsible for executing day-to-day operations of all event aspects as related to Showtime's originals Programming. Major duties include liaising with talent and guest logistics, development of design concepts from red carpet to post party, vendor procurement, budget forecasting, and tracking. Handling approvals through the ViacomCBS COVID Compliance Board and aligning with internal partners. The Manager must be able to closely follow the ever changing venue landscape in both Los Angeles and New York and have contacts within the industry.
Red Carpet Events Virtual Events
• Executing live events including: original and unscripted series premieres, award related events, festival parties and activations, drive-in events, start of production dinners, tastemakers and various Showtime sporting events and series premieres.
• Management of daily logistics such as venue procurement, guest flow, invitations, permitting, catering, valet, security, decor, parking, AV/tech, vendor management, contracts/invoices, staffing and entertainment
• Identifying experiential improvements to build premium level events showcasing the Showtime brand
• Management of internal partnerships to accomplish event goals
Proficient in live and virtual event platforms
• Familiar with the general platform language and timelines to execute virtually
• Lead logistics between vendors, talent and internal partners to build an immersive experience
• Primary destination: New York
• Tracking individual event budgets
• Vendor contract and invoice management
• Crafting, maintaining and executing sponsor packages
Industry Relationships, Event Contacts and Venue Scouting
• Tracking new venues in Los Angeles and New York
• Maintaining top industry contacts including but not limited to: hospitality groups, restaurant groups and event production companies
• Possess the ability to exercise good judgment and display professional maturity when handling sensitive information and when representing the brand / corporation on-site at events
• Multi-task while having a handle on all events and have the ability to work with a high volume of requests In a fast paced environment
• 5 years of experience of owning entire events from start to finish.
• Red carpet/Entertainment industry preferred but not required.
• The ability to collaborate with top executives and talent
• Must be an independent problem solver, with outstanding attention to detail
• Resourcefulness, problem solving skills are key
• Can collaborate and execute approximately 15-20 events per year
• Have and develop relationships within the entertainment industry to help reinforce SHOWTIME as a leader in the event community
• Able to identify the goal of the event and make decisions accordingly
• Understands the benefit of crafting experiences that spark social conversation around an event and improving the return of investment
• Prioritizes event timelines and deadlines
• Must take direction well and applying takeaways from previous events
• Has the ability to go above and beyond and strategize to exceed partner expectations
• Has the ability to be flexible and pivot for what is best for SHOWTIME
• Ability to refresh the event experience for shows that have had multiple seasons
• Excellent communicator, written and oral
• Keeps current with new tech within the event industry to keep SHOWTIME events competitive
• Can build Power Point decks for internal event proposals