Financial Analyst, Production Finance FP&A
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Showtime is seeking a Financial Analyst, Production Finance FP&A! This role will support FP&A operations for our original, co-produced and licensed programming. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to develop their career in production finance and television accounting and can bring their strong analytical skills and forecasting abilities to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include Accounts Payable processes, General Ledger accounting, and corporate reporting for all original programming and development projects. This position will work cross-functionally to directly support Production Finance, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Treasury and Tax. This position will report to the Vice President, Production Finance FP&A.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven and curious, possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and take the initiative to innovate and drive operational improvements.
• Managing the entire Accounts Payable process for original programming, from production funding of Showtime-produced programming to all license fee and deficit payment funding for Showtime's licensed and co-produced programming, including coordinating with external studios, producers, business managers, etc.
• Handling corporate reporting functions related to monthly estimate and close, annual budget, and long-range plan cycles.
• Ensuring all general ledger accounting transactions related to original programming are entered accurately, timely, and coded properly.
• Reconciling general ledger accounting system with production finance database and show trial balances and cost reports.
• Establishing relationships and working closely with third-party vendors to implement A/P vendor set-ups and troubleshoot any vendor or payment issues.
• Delivering weekly cash forecasts to Treasury department.
• Leading efforts to transition accounting and accounts payable processes and functions to new ERP system (SAP)
• Working closely with Production Finance and Production Accounting to acquire updated production budgets and cash flows to maintain an updated Production Finance database.
• Handling external and internal auditor requests related to SOX controls and quarterly financial reviews.
• Leading data reporting to Tax Department for quarterly and annual tax package requests and for ensuring that all production related tax filings are complete.
• 2 years of experience, with at least 2 years working in a Finance or Accounting role.
• Detailed knowledge of television production finance functions and entertainment industry business practices.
• A comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and practices, general ledger systems and accounts payable functions required.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
• Experience in Microsoft Access, general ledger accounting systems and planning/analysis systems preferred (SAP, Oracle, Tableau, EP Smart Accounting).
• Willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for Showtime's diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime's best interest.