Director Program Management
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2021 2:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director Program Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Program Management postings
Full Time Job
As the Director of Program Management on the Product team, you will lead program managers driving the execution of projects that support Showtime's business goals for both the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service.
Because our apps are available across a large number of platforms (iOS, tvOS, web, Roku, Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and many others), projects you'll work on will likely be complex (and, as a result, quite interesting), and will require you to orchestrate the efforts of developers, product owners, device partners and QA testers in pursuit of delivering high-quality, timely products and features.
Great candidates for this role will exhibit technical fluency: Although scheduling and communication are aspects of this job, you'll often find yourself tasked with explaining complex technical concepts and executions to management, and with collaborating closely with developers to improve efficiency in the feature- or application-delivery process.
• Lead a team of program managers working to deliver against our product and business goals
• Own overall program communication and coordination; ensure that all goals and tasks are documented, well communicated, understood and eventually, completed.
• Develop project plans for key initiatives using appropriate planning techniques that track progress of critical business objectives. Highlight and drive the resolution of risks surfaced by such plans.
• Monitor, communicate and work to alleviate project roadblocks.
• Drive discussion when conflicts arise and work with the team on alternatives or different approaches. Find a way to make it happen.
• Contribute key recommendations to our overall resource planning and project roadmap schedule
• Review business, functional and technical requirements for completeness and identify gaps, as needed.
• Recommend and implement process changes to improve efficiency
• 3 to 5 years of program management experience in digital media and applications, preferably with video-based experiences and products across web, mobile and OTT platforms
• 3 to 5 years of management experience bringing medium to large-scale complex projects through the full software development process using Agile methodologies.
• 5 plus years of proven experience in people management, risk management and change management
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field a plus, but not required.
• Must have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have experience managing and negotiating with partner, vendors and development shops. • • Must know how to say no – nicely.
• Expert knowledge of Jira/Confluence