Director, Production Finance
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2021 8:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Production Finance jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Director, Production Finance postings
Full Time Job
Showtime is seeking a Director, Production Finance that is able to collaborate with various stakeholders in production accounting operations and finance for our original programming. This is an ideal position for someone who has a comprehensive understanding of production finance and accounting and is looking to bring their strong competencies to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include the oversight of productions, budgeting and facilitating proper reporting of costs to the FP&A group. This position will work cross-functionally to directly support Production Finance FP&A, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Treasury and Tax. This position will report to the VP, Production Finance.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and take the initiative to drive process improvements.
• Working closely with production accountants to ensure compliance with Showtime's accounting policies and procedures.
• Collaborating with production and business affairs during the budgeting process on scripted series, non-fictions series, unscripted series, and documentaries.
• Digesting production cost reports and hot costs to certify costs are accurately reported and partner with FP&A to communicate changes.
• Monitoring production payroll to ensure proper guild/union accounting related to rates and fringes.
• Handling digital production accounting office systems, initiatives, and processes.
• Managing and provide guidance on complex multi-state and international tax incentive structures in multi-currency environments.
• Coordinating location production audits to ensure compliance with Showtime and SOX policies and procedures.
• Providing guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in multi-state and international production environments.
• Liaising with production bank and payroll service representatives.
• Resolving guild inquiries.
• Reviewing production cash flow schedules.
• Various ad hoc analysis and projects.
• 7-10 years of experience, preferably with some field production accounting experience on scripted series.
• Solid understanding of controllership accounting and entertainment industry best practices.
• Knowledge of tax incentives, payroll processes, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Bachelors degree strongly preferred
• The ideal candidate:
• Has strong communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management and other high-level industry executives.
• Exhibits diplomacy, discretion, versatility and reliability
• Works effectively and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Utilizes knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
• Thinks big-picture and can conceptualize the need for and effectively implement process improvements.
• Is willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for Showtime's diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime's best interest.