Director, Product Management
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Product Management - Viewing Experience
Overview & Responsibilities
We're Showtime (part of the ViacomCBS family) and have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe nominees and winners like Your Honor, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company's Product team, where we build SHOWTIME our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
We're looking for a passionate, accomplished, results-driven product leader to help define and ensure the best possible audio and video experience for Showtime and Showtime Anytime customers. In this position, you will be responsible for advancing a very critical component of our service as it is delivered across 14 platforms and hundreds of devices. As Director, Product Management - Viewing Experience, you will collaborate with other product managers as you support the launch of our services on new platforms, bring to market products like custom video players, introduce features such as new, higher-quality video and audio capabilities, manage implementation of video-adjacent features like promotional preroll, and research and troubleshoot issues involving video playback or video-related features.
We're looking for someone who has significant product management experience with video players, player features and video playback (VOD and Live playback, 4K and HDR, DRM, accessibility, etc.) who is resourceful, data-driven, user-focused and team-oriented. We'd also like it if you had interest and curiosity around aspects of our products other than the viewing experience, as there may be opportunities to learn/contribute to other product initiatives as well.
This role is inherently cross-functional; not only will you collaborate closely with other product managers, you'll partner with product engineering, video operations, program management, and product design and other Showtime teams as you enhance our customer experience and ensure we're compliant with regulatory and legal requirements.
Ideal candidates for this role will be highly analytical, technically fluent problem-solvers with solid people skills and a ready sense of humor.
• Continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends related to on-demand streaming, live streaming and downloaded video viewing.
• Partner with UX on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, think beyond the competitive status quo to bring new perspective and ideas to UX problems and solutions.
• Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best-in-class digital viewing experience.
• Live in the data -- strive for measurable, constant improvement of our subscriber viewing experience.
• Work cross-functionally and closely with other members of Showtime's Product team to execute cross-platform integration of all features and enhancements and accessibility requirements.
• Develop a deep understanding of Showtime's current and future subscribers, especially their behavior and preferences when watching or deciding to watch our programming within our products.