Director, Data Product Management
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/8/2021 9:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Data Product Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Data Product Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Data Product Management? Ready for a new challenge? We are Showtime (part of the CBS family) and have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe winners like Homeland, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the Data and Analytics team, which is embedded within the Product team that manages SHOWTIME, our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
Reporting to the SVP of Product Management, this role will be a focal point for features, information and ideas involving our various data products and pipelines, will collaborate with a team of data engineers, data scientists and analysts, and will work with customers of our data products from across the organization.
Ideal candidates will be technically proficient, naturally curious and adept at solving challenges, enjoy team camaraderie and possess a ready sense of humor.
• Drive new data product and feature development: Define objectives, identify business cases, write requirements and monitor success metrics
• Groom a product roadmap for data products via collaboration with the product team, management and cross-departmentally across the Showtime organization.
• Balance trade-offs and guide decisions about product priorities given business goals and resource limitations
• Manage development of new data products and features: Track and communicate priorities, nudge deliverables, through completion; understand status and collaborate with the team to make sure they are engaged at the right time.
• Research market trends and innovations in data technologies, as well as measurement and monitoring tools.
• Understand emerging data privacy regulations and ensure our processes are compliant.
• Write, clear, comprehensive documentation.
• Engage and supports users of our data products across the company. Take a proactive approach in driving adoption of our data products and analytical tools
• You have 3 years of experience in product or program management
• You've got an analytical approach and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making
• You have an excellent understanding of data storage within cloud-based environments
• You pride yourself on having both a deep understanding of details, but with the ability to zoom out and see bigger picture.
• You can write simple SQL queries to get a general sense of a data set or answer basic questions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and are able to write concise documentation for complex processes
• Experience or familiarity with Python, R or Spark would be great for our team
• Familiarity with stream-processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc is a plus
• CS / engineering degree, or equivalent technical training. is desired, but not required.
• Experience with data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Looker) is a plus
Please apply, join our amazing Product Development Team at Showtime!
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Product This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.