Director Corporate & Digital Public Relations
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities:
Showtime is seeking a Director, Corporate & Digital Public Relations! In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing public relations campaigns for Showtime's OTT/streaming, marketing, product, affiliate/distribution, licensing and digital groups, in support of Showtime Network's original programming slate. You will also have your hand in managing the PR department's presence on social media including Twitter, Facebook, etc. And to top it off, you will support corporate communications working across publicity initiatives within the company.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications and is based in our New York City office. Come join our team!
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Generating press coverage for SHOWTIME with a focus on digital, social, marketing and product/acquisition efforts
• Building and maintaining positive relationships with key entertainment, trade, digital media and tech reporters.
• Working collaboratively with the entertainment publicity executives to ensure inclusion of social media and digital efforts within all press campaigns.
• Coordinating brand social media around awards initiatives.
• Leading all aspects of social media strategy for talent and press engagement.
• Managing delivery of social/digital assets to talent, producers and show creators, as well as providing social media training and support for talent across the network's programming slate.
• Coordinating and/or providing social media coverage and updates at major Showtime events and functions including red carpet commentary and photo coverage.
• Acting as a liaison with Showtime's key departments to coordinate dissemination of announcements and news.
• Problem solving across internal departments to coordinate communications and streamline processes.
• Developing Corporate Social Responsibility strategy & initiatives in conjunction with the SVP.
• Managing internal communications for Showtime and liaise with various ViacomCBS divisions to coordinate Showtime announcements and amplify its brand initiatives companywide
• On behalf of Corporate Communications team, work closely with internal departments on various corporate functions and projects including internal communications with HR, consumer products, marketing, the company's streaming service, digital and social.
• Manage Showtime Corporate Giving with SVP working with the CEO
• Helping to generate story ideas and garner press for the Showtime brand and corporate communications
• Helping to build executive profiles among key press outlets, pitch speaking opportunities for key leaders and manage all Showtime employee public speaking opportunities.
• Facilitating press and overall coordination of marketing events including SXSW, Comic Con, ATX, etc.
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in media and/or public relations
• 10 years' experience in media and/or publicity/communications
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience with all social media and digital platforms including Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook and Tumblr.
• Maintain strong relationships with media/press contacts including press outlets who cover social, digital and trade/business press.
• Experience with writing press releases, media alerts and copy for social media platforms.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and follow through on all projects.
• Ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
• Must be a strategic problem solver who is a dedicated and responsive teammate.
• Exhibit a polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy.