Digital Asset Librarian
ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Asset Librarian jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Asset Librarian postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Asset Librarian? The primary function of this position is to coordinate the acquisition, storage and distribution of post-production media assets and marketing assets for use in promotional content as part of Showtime Marketing efforts.
• Coordinate the acquisition of dailies and rough cuts for originals from various productions for all promotions.
• Media manage all video footage for use within edit sessions for all promotions.
• ingest of all media into company MAM system. Tag with appropriate metadata.
• Coordinate with various post-production houses for the acquisition of footage required in promotional asset creation.
• Coordinate with Showtime Program Production team on all asset acquisition methods and process.
• Facilitate video content distribution for screening purposes throughout Showtime Marketing org.
• Insure correct metadata for searchability
• Insure necessary video transcodes are provided or create
• Create roles and categories
• Provide permissions to materials based on guidance from management
• Archive and restore as necessary
• Leverage cloud based metadata technologies for tagging and archiving of all video assets
• Provide governance and quality control for media metadata standards.
• Participate in the Data Governance council by implementing ideas and solutions for data workflow.
• Consult and participate on other asset management related systems
• Streamline asset ingestion and distribution by leveraging automation and available systems.
• Refine metadata schemas, and capture both metadata and assets from internal systems and external partners. Refine and implement organizational systems (metadata, schema and dictionaries), and support new solutions for leveraging metadata and data workflow.
• Effectively manage and interact with methods and specifications of marketing deliverables for all acquisitions.
• Collaborate cross-departmentally to reduce workflow silos.
• Develop and support ongoing relationships with licensors, post houses, photographers, freelancers, independent agencies, and internal stakeholders.
• Support and participate in cross-training initiatives with DAM Department.
o Experience in maintaining asset management systems.
o Strong project management, interpersonal, verbal & written communication and leadership skills - the ability to perform well under pressure.
o The ability to self-direct and perform a number of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
o Deep understanding of company asset needs and institutional knowledge.
o Resourcefulness and improvisation skills.
o Accuracy, excellent memory and eye for detail.
o Knowledge of current and evolving technologies across all media production.
o Strong understanding of competitive DAM/MAM platforms. -
o Bachelor's degree preferred
o 3-5 years of Digital and Media Asset and System Management experience -- Digital Asset Management, Content Management systems, and/or Global Content Catalogs preferred.
o Working knowledge of database architecture and language.
o Vast Experience working with all media types
o Strong knowledge of the Digital Asset Management landscape - language, workflows, systems, and best practices.
o Experiencing managing multiple projects and working as a liaison between departments.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Library & Archive This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.