ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We at Showtime Networks are seeking a junior transactional attorney to support its business and product development, sports and events programming, digital media, marketing, creative services, network operations and public relations departments. The attorney will:
• review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements, including vendor, master services, production services, advertising, licensing, information technology, software and application development, and non-disclosure agreements
• review marketing materials and press releases and advise clients on a wide range of issues in connection with traditional media, streaming platforms and social media including intellectual property, right of privacy, right of publicity, and defamation, and
• anticipate and identify issues and risks, and recommend potential solutions.
• At least 2 years commercial transaction experience in a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
• JD degree, admission to NY State bar
• Excellent oral and written communication skills -- ability to explain complex legal concepts to staff at all levels of the company, build consensus and achieve strong client satisfaction
• Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent work ethic, business judgment, follow-through skills and ability to prioritize
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a collegial team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to perform well under pressure while performing multiple tasks for a diverse client base